33

The question was, what were they supposed to do the next three weeks? For Sean and Nate, they left for work every morning and were home barely on time.

To top it off, Nate offered their stay at his and Sean's house so that they wouldn't have to pay for the hotel rooms every day. Adam just walked around the city mostly, playing around with highschool kids sometimes and coming home with books from library.

Claire.. on the other hand was breaking her head to write her story.

She had absolutely no idea how she could make it worth the reader's time. Why did that old man have to give her erotica? There were so many other things to choose from. So why?!

She sighed.

It was one in the morning, and she was alone in one of the rooms upstairs. She kept staring at the blank page on Word, her fingers hovering over the keyboard.

The door to her room suddenly opened, and by the look of it, there was no one else who would come it at this time other than Adam, and so was she right at guessing when she watched him smile extra sweetly.

"Can I sleep here?" He asked, eyes crinkling.

"No. You have your own bed now."

"Please?" He asked goofily sneaking around the table and towards the bed. She didn't say anything, but just watched him flop on the bed and sigh in content. "Rich people have way too comfortable beds. I can't sleep there."

Claire just turned back to face the laptop."Fine, make yourself at home tonight."

"Just tonight?" He frowned.

That made her roll her eyes unintentionally.

"Okay dude, sleep whenever."

She could imagine him grin at her from behind and wriggle around on the bed to get her attention. But she paid none and continued working.

"Hey, Claire,"

"Yeah?"

"What are you doing?"

She closed her eyes for a second, trying not to throw the nearest object that'll be a glass of water, on his face.

"Writing."

There was an intended pause, until with the tiniest voice, but with a baritone, Adam asked, "Do you need help?"

Claire turned around on her rotating chair, looking at his figure in the dark.

"What help can you provide?"

Adam sat up, slowly crawling to the edge of the bed, close enough to be able to reach forward and touch her face. Then he got down onto his feet, and stood tall in front of her.

"Anything."

Claire momentarily froze, before she shook her head no. He only bent down to her eye level, and in the dark, she could see his thick black eyebrows strained and his jawline prominent.

"I don't need your- your help, Adam." She breathed out, but he was already pushing her hair to one side, staring at her neck.

His gaze shifted between her eyes and her skin, and maybe in the dark, his eyes were the colour of the midnight's sky.

"A-Adam." She gulped.

"Yes?"

"Don't."

Adam chuckled, standing upright again. "Chill, I was kidding, jeez."

Claire couldn't help but look away.

Adam went back to the bed, smiling at her brightly. "Goodnight!" He said, loud and clear.

If he wasn't Adam, she would have long choked him in his sleep.

----

Sore. Claire felt sore when she woke up the next morning. Back hurt, her legs numb and her hands didn't work.

That's what happens when you sleep on a desk. And not to be dramatic, but Claire almost fell of the chair when she saw a guy standing right next to her face.

She gasped, immediately looking up at the face. "Sean!"

"What is this?" He asked.

"Sean, you fucking scared me." She grumbled, slamming her open lapton shut and running a hand through her fucked up hair.

"Is this your draft? Wow."

Claire's eyes widened at the mention of it, and was it that time when she realised that what Sean was holding was her draft of what she mixed half of all her ideas and half of what happened 8 years ago.

Fuck. If Sean read it, it'd be so fucking embarrassing.

"I already read it." Sean grinned at her. "Clara."

"Hey, give it back." She stated, hands going up in the air to grab the papers back.

"Let me read this!" He argued, holding it higher, taking the advantage of the fact that he was standing unlike her.

"No way!" She jolted up, and looking at her, Sean immediately took off, dashing through the hallway and down the stairs only to be yelled at by both Nate and Adam to not run on stairs, but who cared anyway.

He had the papers. He was the supreme.

Claire and Sean ended up running around a table, until Sean slammed the papers down and asked a minute to breathe. She took this time to run.

Ya know, perks of working out everyday.

"Claire-"

"Give it here."

"Listen,"

"No."

Sean sighed, slowly passing the papers to the other side towards her. "Listen, Claire,"

She picked up the papers, going through them quickly, before looking back up. "What?" She said, sounding way too annoyed.

Adam and Nate were next to the fridge, just watching everything that was taking place. Adam had a banana in his hand, chewing loudly while Nate sipped another can of soda.

"Please work for me."

Adam dropped the banana. Banana drop.

"What the fuck?" Claire squinted her eyes. "Are you playing a prank? Do you have a lot of time on your ass?"

Sean held back a laughter, just shaking his head. "No, I actually want you to work. That draft was way too good to not be published. Ill give you 70% credit if you agree for publication by our company."

"Are you trying to rob me?"

Sean smiled. "I really want you to have this. You have the potential. You can also help with editing, since we have our own magazine."

Adam gulped down the banana in his mouth while muttering to himself, "Rich men be like."

"You too Adam, you know what, you need a raise."

"Fuck. Rich men cool."

.
.
.

:P Sean knew about Adam working under him since the beginning

It's just amusing how sean Adam and Nate just got along smh