Chapter 16 Leaving

:Ellana:

I hear a knock at the door.

"What do you want now?"

Jack walks in and clears his throat. 

I throw the nearest pillow at him.

He scoops it up off the floor and tosses it back at me. "I came to apologize."

"I'm sorry?"

"I came. To apologize."

"I still couldn't hear you over your ego."

"I said I came to apologize!"

"Oh. That's all?"

"And pack your bags. We're leaving in half an hour. I'd pack warm clothes if I were you."

"Why? Where are you taking me?"

He closes the door.

***

Jack closes the black SUV door, before walking to his side and swinging in.

"Are you gonna tell me where we're going now?"

He just grunts in reply, which really pisses me off.

He screeches down his lane as fast as he can. It takes ten seconds to reach the road in the GMC. He halts because another car passes, throwing me foreword. I knock my forehead on the dashboard. Everything goes black.

***

I cover my eyes and yawn.

Somebody keeps shaking me.

His angelic voice keeps repeating itself in my head. "Get up, Ellana. You're home. You're home."

It's too bright for me to see anything. My head pounds suddenly with a headache, and I scrunch my face in pain. "Is this heaven?"

"Ellana. Wake up."

"Am I dead?"

"Ellana!"

I jerk my head up, immediately regretting it. I hiss and hold the sides of my face, trying to alleviate the pain.

Somebody rubs my back, sending chills up my spine.

"Open your eyes slowly, Ellana."

I then hear a far off voice, "Hey, guys, what happened? Is she sleeping?"

I open my eyes cautiously. I'm handed a pair of sunglasses, so I slip them on, and my eyes focus.

Jack's face is in front of mine. He's leaning over the dash, somewhat concerned. Damon is running over to us. My mom is to the right. And the snow... It's so bright. I grimace at the bile making it's way up my throat.

Jack sees what's happening and ushers my mom and Marcus away, unbuckles me, then helps me lean over so I don't throw up in his GMC.

It's then I notice that he's wearing boots, a jacket, and a hat. I am too, with some mitts.

My mom hands him a towel, at which he wipes my mouth with.

I frown. "How did I get this stuff?"

Jack clears his throat. "I was speeding, and you knocked your head against something and fainted. I took you to the hospital. Doc told me you were good to go after he gave you a shot. I dunno what the needle was for. I got you some snow stuff from the closet because you didn't pack any warm clothes like I said."

I nod, not willing to argue at this moment.

He scoops me up and kicks the door shut.

"I'm gonna bring you inside, m'kay?"

I nod once again, and drift off into a deep sleep, somehow really relaxed. I feel safe in his arms. Like nothing will happen.