Chapter 40 The Meeting

Merry Chrysler ma' dudes! 

I will not be updating until after Christmas.

Uh... my little sis has a fake shaving set... don't ask why. But, she stuck the razor in her mouth, then she pretended to shave her arms... Um... I don't really know how to take this.

:Tyler:

A few days later.

I knock before walking in the hotel room.

"Come on, guys. We'll be late."

"Remind me why I gave you the key again?" Jack asks, rounding the corner and slipping into a shirt and rubbing his eyes.

I slide into a bar stool and open the bag of chips, chomping on a few. I'm thinking of opening the curtains. It's a little dark. "You didn't," I point out. "Ellie did."

"Ah, yes. But, why the fuck are you here?"

"It's time to go, soon."

He laughs. "Okay, listen up. Did you change your watch time?"

I check my watch. "It's 9:00. Did you change your watch time?"

He groans. "Shit. Whenever I checked the time, I used my phone, which automatically changed to Brasilia time. I thought it was five in the morning."

I raise my eyebrow. "Don't you usually wake up around then, anyway?"

"I'm on a fucking vacation here, Tyler."

"No, you're not. It's a business trip. Now, hurry your ass up."

He growls at me. "Don't talk to me like that."

I almost say something else, but realize neither Shane nor Ellie were here.

"Then, hurry up, please, Your Highness."

His eyes darken, and it's sure as hell not because I look good today.

"Watch your tone," he snarls and walks towards me.

"I was being serious." I analyze him very carefully. I've had him do this, before. Maybe Ellie hasn't changed him enough. Maybe deep inside, he's still the same guy. No. No, I shouldn't think like that. Jack is my best friend. It doesn't stop him from scaring the shit out of me sometimes.

And I'm not even surprised when he does it.

Throw me off the stool, I mean.

I land with a thud, and stand up. "Jack, we're in a frickin' hotel. You just broke the wall."

He growls lowly, obviously pissed at me. I don't know why, but the why doesn't matter.

"Jack!"

We both turn to face Ellana.

She looks hurt, even though I'm the one with an injured arm.

I hold my arm, once I realize that the pain is increasing.

"What the hell are you doing?!" She yells. "Why are you like this?"

His eyes soften once he sees the trouble he's caused. He heads over to her, but she holds out her hand, telling him to stop.

"No. Come to me when you aren't wallowing in self pity." Ellie quickly wipes a tear from her eye. Clenching her fists, she turns around and goes back into the bedroom.

Jack grunts in frustration and tugs on his hair.

He didn't mean it.

He looks at me.