Alone Ending

***

You and Dazai soon reached the port. You had sat on your own for most of the journey - Dazai had gone to investigate the boat. Deep down, you felt awful - Kutaro's sister had been caught in the crossfire. Now they were together. Of course, the two of you would have to take the body away. A bell chimed, signifying you had reached the port. You reached into your newly replenished side bag, removing multiple cards. You'd be able to reach the other side without a boat if you used them. You heard footsteps behind you.

"Leaving already?"

You sighed, trying to figure out the best way to move Kutaro's body. You didn't want to disturb him too much - it would be disrespectful. You didn't feel like responding.

"Hm... Well, the bikes are still here. Where will you go?"

You paused for a moment. You hadn't thought of that. You didn't want to leave your safe place in the Mafia, but you also didn't want to go back now that you knew what they'd done. You didn't want to make any commitments anymore. You enhanced your strength and jumping ability, before gently picking up Kutaro's body.

"For now... I want to be alone. No matter where I go, there'll be death. I don't want to face it anymore - at least, for now. A lot of people have died by my hand, Dazai - some bad, but some may have been good. You must remember now... Kutaro's sister, Amaya, was caught in the cross fire. There's always violence, and blood, and death. I need to spend time to find myself, to atone for what I've done. So... At least for now, goodbye Dazai. Oh... And say goodbye to Chuuya too. I'll miss both of you."

And with that, you were gone. Dazai could see the sadness in your eyes - he knew the guilt you carried, and how the weight was crushing you. He had felt it too. Whether he'd ever see you again was unknown, but somehow he knew that he'd see you again.

When Dazai finally returned to the other port, Chuuya was angry to be left behind. However, when he heard of your decision, tears built up in his eyes. He turned his head, trying to keep up his tough persona - but Dazai knew him too well for that. The two of them parted ways. At night, they'd often think of you and Kutaro.

Meanwhile, you travelled for a while. After a few hours, you reached a beautiful forest filled with a variety of flowers. This is where you chose to bury Kutaro - surrounded by life and beauty. It was where he deserved. You placed stones around his burial site, and placed flowers on top of it. Tears gently dropped down, but at least now, he could be at peace. You smiled as sun beams shone down onto his tomb.

Goodbye, Kutaro.

*** FIVE YEARS LATER ***

It was a normal day for both the Armed Detective Agency and the Port Mafia. The leaders of the cooperation division, Dazai Osamu and Chuuya Nakahara, were working hard to organise peace meetings. The two agencies were now working together to protect civilians - it was a mutual deal. It was definitely entertaining to hear the quiet 'weretiger' whenever Atsushi and Akutagawa crossed paths. Yet they were still a strong duo - they hadn't ever failed a mission. There was only damage from their inevitable fights.

Dazai and Chuuya sat in the bar. Today was the five-year anniversary of Kutaro's death. (Y/N) had sent them a letter where his grave was - they'd already paid their respects. They were both quiet, enjoying the rare calm moment they got away from work. Chuuya's hat was resting near the end of the table. The door creaked open - neither of them really cared. Chuuya's attention was aroused, however, when his hat disappeared. Both of them looked up, however, to see a figure standing with a hand on their hip, Chuuya's hat resting on their head.

"What's up sluts, did ya miss me?"