Chapter 10

«Eric's POV»

"Mother, you are here?" I said raising a brow skeptically.

What the hell is going on!

"Hello to you too, son. I am so happy that you agreed for your father and I to stay with the both of you. We only here for a few days, whilst our house is under construction. We were going to stay at a hotel but we got a call from Violet and she was such a sweetheart. She was so concerned that she  invited us to stay for the week." my mother said as she beamed at me.

"Oh yes, she is incredibly thoughtful. " I replied with a forced smile.

Violet stood behind my mother giving me a smug look,"I have some  errands to run so I will be off, if you need anything please let me know." She said as she drew my mother into a tight embrace.

My gaze followed her as she left the kitchen. I excused myself and tailed  her as she went up the stairs. I grabbed her  hand once we were up the staircase ensuring that no one else would see us. "What do you think you are doing?! " I hissed at her.

"Teaching you a lesson." Her eyes were burning with a raging fire that I had never seen before.

"Care to share, what idiotic lesson this is?" I asked her, all the annoyance I could possibly muster coated my words.

" I am trying to teach you, not to underestimate me. You rodent!" She yelled back in a whisper. She was trying as hard as I was to avoid drawing any attention to ourselves. If my mother had to even hear an inkling of our argument  she would be all up in our business.

"Excuse me, did you just call me a rodent?" I asked her in  disbelief. My grip on her wrist loosened as I processed her words.

"Oh I am so sorry, I didn't realize that it was an insult to rodents!" she retorted. I watched as her nostrils flared at me like an angry bull. My loose grip didn't go unnoticed by her. She immediately took the opportunity to race to her room which only resulted in  me chasing after. To her dismay I was much faster so she once again found herself pinned against a surface.

"Violet, this is low even for you. You invited the one person I cannot stand, to live under the same roof as me!" I yelled as my anger got the better of me, making it almost impossible to control but with one look at the fear in her eyes; I knew I was going a bit too far and if I didn't stop now there would be no going back. "You are playing with fire Violet." I told her in a low tone. In an instance the fear in her eyes were gone.

" You." She said poking at me with her index finger, " You started the fire, I am just fuelling it." Her dark brown eyes looked into mine but I didn't see anger, I saw sadness hidden within. I didn't question her further. She shoved me aside and I watched her walk away.

I did not give myself the opportunity to feel guilty because I know she is tricking me. It's all probably an act. Theirs no difference between her and the other. They are all the same. She may have have been stupid enough to go as far as poking the bear so I might as well indulge that vexing woman's crazy antics.

Let the games begin.

              °×°×°×°×°×°×°×°× °×°×°

"Can you believe her? She actually called dear old dad." I said whilst lifting my glass of bourbon to my lips.

"That's quite the accomplishment on her part." Said Reece laughing away. His laughed instantly stopped the moment I glared at him.

"I need to get back at her. I need to expose her true colours." I told him as my mind began sorting threw crazy plans.

"Okay, that is where I drew the line, Iago. Has it ever occurred to you that she isn't acting and that she's just genuinely nice?" I raised an eyebrow at the childish name calling, which was absurd. Just as I was about to reply to his question, he cut me off," I know, you've been hurt before by a cunning manipulative crone. Eric, not all woman are like that, you need to learn to trust her." He said as her placed a hand on my shoulder.

"I have an idea on how I can make her regret playing her move." I said to him seriously. His hand instantly dropped and he stared at me in bewilderment.

"Eric did you not just listen to a single word I had said?"

"Yes I did, she's acting and that she's not really nice. Also that she is a cunning, manipulative crone, who I cannot trust."

"Did you literally just repeat the exact opposite of what I said. My dear brother , you are truly unredeemable." He said exasperated whilst gulping down  his whole glass, "Also stop acting like a child it's a little unnerving, considering the fact that you were basically born with a suit on. Eric get your shit together and stop plotting your childish revenge schemes, instead go talk to her like a grown adult or before you know it the both of you are going to start fighting like preschool kids." He continued looking at me waiting for a response.

" I'm sorry what were you saying?"  I replied pretending to have spaced out.

" Good God, Eric." He said in an displeased tone as he poured himself another glass," Sometimes I forget you are my older brother."

             °×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°×°

« Violet's POV»

" What happened to Wheezy? She wasn't here the whole day." I asked Sofia as we stood by her desk.

" I heard she was fired." Said Sofia whilst filed her nails.

"Fired?! Wow, I wonder which slut is going to replace her?" just before Sofia could reply, Eric came out his office capturing everyone's attention.

" As you all must have heard of Miss Hall's absents, I would like to clarify that she has been transferred to another sector. I would also like to announce her replacement, Miss Quaters. You will start full time tomorrow. You all are dismissed." He said. Everyone excitedly got up and left the building, yet I still remained shocked.

WHAT THE HELL!!!!

---------------------------------------------------------
A/N:

MEME: