Awake

He lurks in the deepest darkest parts of my mind, taunting me with his bloodlust. His thirst to rip through peoples flesh and hear them scream, begging him to stop to let them live another day is most unsettling. He wasn't always there... He didn't always invade my once cheerful dreams. Let me take you back to the time before he arrived. To the day that he came to be awake in my mind.

It was your typical Saturday night. I went out with my friends as always. My friend Ollie would tease me about never having a boyfriend like always. You'll soon find out that I'm a bit of a loner and don't feel the need for a romantic relationship. I guess in a way that left me wide open for this guy to just creep into my mind.

------

"Come on Stella take a shot! Loosen up!!" Ollie whined shoving a shot of rum in my face spilling it a little. Shaking my head, I take it, knocking it back then slamming the glass on the bar.

"Happy?"

She nodded turning to scan the writhing crowd of sweaty people who were grinding a little too much for my liking.

"Stella let's dance."

"No..."

Ollie pouted making me laugh at her silliness.

"Ollie you know I don't dance." I reminded her raising an eyebrow watching her carefully. She narrowed her eyes at me stuck her tongue out then ran into the sea of grinding lust-filled people. My body shudders at the thought of being in the middle of all that chaos.

No thank you.

I leaned back against the bar and watched as my friend danced around, her pink hair bobbing up and down to the beat. Her heads basically the only thing I can see. She was such a short little person.

"This seat taken?" A rich smooth voice asked. I turned my head to see a tall man with dark eyes and silky black hair looming down at me. I shifted to get a better look. His white button up shirt looked like it was going to rip off his overly built chest. All this man had to do was flex and I'm certain that shirt would be shredded.

"why would you wear something so small" I blurted out without thinking. I cursed myself under my breath feeling the heat spread across my face from embarrassment. He chuckled deeply still watching me. Great he finds me amusing. Someone make Prince Eric go away.

"You're cute... My name is..." I put my hand up. I don't want to know his name. I just want to bide my time until Ollie has had her fun. Then I can go home, read smutty fanfictions all alone with a bottle of wine. Just thinking about it put a smile on my face. Of course, Prince Eric here thought that that smile was an invite.

"Playing hard to get Sugar?"

Suga-R... Wait he probably doesn't know BTS. Let alone the reference.

"OH, MY GAWD!!! STELLA WHO IS THIS HOTTIE!?!"

He beamed at my no brain friend. OH, wait this could be good.

"Your new boyfriend." I cheered moving away from the two of them towards the bathrooms. I could hear Ollie calling to me, but I just ignored her. I hated going out. Literally only did it for her. I found solitude in the grimy bathroom stall with disgusting notes written on the door and walls. One of the lights flickered above my head casting an eerie vibe in the once calm yet smelly atmosphere.

Then the sound of someone moaning in the stall next to me met my ears, making me want to vomit. Who the hell does shit like this in nasty ass bathrooms?

Disgusting...

I opened the door then slammed it as hard as I could, receiving a squeak from the unsuspecting people. I guess they didn't think other people would come in here.

 So, back into the sweaty raging mass of people with no hopes and dreams.

Hmm... I don't see Ollie anywhere... Nor do I see Prince Eric. Maybe I should have got his name. Ah who cares.

I wandered around the outskirts of the club to see if I could spot her. Only to find her crammed in the corner with Prince Eric literally looking like she was eating his face.

Ew...

Well she is happy. I'm going home.

When I got home, I went straight to the bathroom. I had to wash the filth from that vile place off from me. I have never felt so disgusted in my life. Wait... that's not true. I feel that way often. Obviously because I go out so much with bubbly Ollie. Such a sweet person I don't know why she deals with me.

I stood in front of the mirror staring at myself. My hair was a dingy brown color that fell to my waist. I needed to wash it. Good news was I'm about to do that. My eyes had dark circles under them from my insomnia. I just couldn't bring myself to sleep. The mind just never wanted to turn off long enough to catch a decent amount of Z's. I'm about average height, a little on the stalky side and I'm good with that. Because food my friend is life.

Hmm... I twisted from once side to the other giving myself a once over before I stripped down climbing into the shower. The hot water scolding my skin purging it of the clubs taint.

This seems nice... although a little hot in my opinion... mind if I cool it off.

A cool voice asked my hand reaching out to turn the cold water up more.

So much better...

What the fuck? My face scrunched up reaching to turn the cold water back down.

Stop fucking touching that!

The voice boomed through my head, my hand jerking back to turn the cold back up. What the fuck is going on?

My name is Steve... I am your new best friend.

Like hell you are. I thought turning the water off. Clearly, I wasn't getting the scolding hot shower I desired when my mind has a mans voice trying to make it cold.

I'm awake now. Clearly, I should have come sooner.

Why are you here?

To help you rid this world of the vial creatures that thrive in it.

Hmmm.... Go away I think I will pass.

Too late for that.

Oh great.