CHAPTER 6

Maanvi's POV

A few days have passed since the interview and I send the edited video to Jaanvi for her to show the CEO. The day after the interview, the CEO called me and informed me that Mr. Ishaan was very pleased with the interview and in the future if there is any chance he would like to work again with them again. Right now I'm going to the library as I have to finish editing and posting the book review on my blog post. I sit in my usual spot as the librarian is so nice to save me a seat as I called her earlier.

As I finish posting my review I'm spammed with comments from fans and also various other people. I sit and read comments for a few minutes. I'm interrupted by Jaanvi's call. " hello" " arey saali ( it's a common curse word used among friends), did you again forget that we are meeting for lunch? I've been waiting for you for half an hour" she shouts on the phone. I hit my head on the bench lightly and answer her before she starts again " sorry yar! bulh gayi ( I forgot) I'm coming in 5 minutes." I close my laptop and catch my books and rush outside. As I was passing through the front entrance I bump into someone and my books fall down. " I'm sorry. I wasn't looking" I say without lifting my head. I take my books and run without looking at who it was that I bumped into.

Within 10 minutes I reach the café as it was not far away. I go to the table where a fuming Jaanvi is sitting ready to explode. I join my hands together like begging her to forgive me. " meri Jaan , galati hogayee ( mistaken happened) I'm sorry. It won't happen next time" I catch my ears to show my sincerity. she gives me a small smile. " don't do it next time" she warns me but she smiles afterward. We soon fall into conversation about her work and other common stuff. Its 3'o clock by the time Jaanvi goes back to her office. I sit for some time in the café and read the comments and suggestions on what book should I review next.

After an hour of reading the comments, I decided to go home. I decided to walk as today's weather is good. Halfway it started pouring. I see the traffic signal red and run across the street to the near bus stop. I rush into the nearest café which is just beside the road and wait for it to stop raining. I tie my hair into a bun as it was almost wet. " thank god I wore a jacket " I think to myself as I was almost drenched. within 20 minutes it stops raining and I rush home as I don't want to get wet again.

I go home and change my dress and I can already feel the cold starting. I sit down with my hot coffee. I sit and start watching a Korean drama. Halfway through the series, I get a call from Jaanvi " arey yar! I'm stuck in the office as it's raining. Can you make dinner? I'll be home by 8:00 pm. please na yar!" she begs me. " ok ok! but don't forget to return the favor." I tell her jokingly. I start making dinner for us. I thought I could make some fried rice. I start off by putting rice in the rice cooker and start cutting some carrots and other veggies. Within half an hour I  finish making the fried rice and put it on the table ready to eat. As I finish setting plates Jaanvi comes drenched just like me. She goes and changes her clothes and we sit and eat dinner while watching re-runs of vampire diaries.

After we finish eating, we watch for some time and just sit there and talk about our day. " so how was your day?" I ask her and she just sighs " I'm going mad with all the work. We are going to release the Ishaan Malhotra's edition  at the end of the month and preparation for that is going on  and also they told that they are going to release the interview once the magazine is on sale." She just rants about how annoying her partner was, " on top of that my idiot of a partner didn't do any job except for ordering to get him coffee and stupid stuff..ugh!" " How was yours? I know you published your blog" she asks while resting her head on the arm of the sofa. " yeah pretty much it. The blog is doing well and so many positive comments. I'm happy." I smile. We talk random stuff and I was cut off by my phone ringing " hello?" " This is Maanvi speaking." .......convo         " thank you can I inform you within 2 days and you can leave your contact info through the message on this number." " thank you. Bye!" Jaanvi's face looks confused. I explain to her " the travel agency for whom I work are planning to go on a trip to make a holiday special for the show. So they want me to go for filming. They couldn't come in contact with Aarav so they called me." " so are you going to accept it or is it a pass?" Jaanvi asks " I'm not sure I want to go and I have to ask Aarav whether I'm free and also he is free or not," I tell her while reaching for my phone to call Aarav. " he is your personal assistant and he will go where you go and also that idiot loves travel" she says. 

Aarav is one of the close friends of ours since high school and I don't know for some reason Jaanvi and Aarav are like tom and jerry always fighting. I tried calling him but no response so I leave him a message for him to see in the morning. It's almost midnight when we decided to go to bed. Today Jaanvi decided she wants to sleep on my bed so we snuggle on the bed and talk while drifting off to sleep. 

Maanvi's outfit

Jaanvi's outfit

Jaanvi's outfit

Hi guys, I hope you enjoy the chapter

Hi guys, I hope you enjoy the chapter. Don't forget to vote and if you have any suggestions leave it in the comments it's very much appreciated.
Love Ashley ❤