𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 2

Mari's point of view

I woke up and looked at my clock, it's odd because I never wake up in the night. I heard faint clicking outside it sounded close. I quietly got up and went by my window, I listened, there was nothing. Is something in my house? I tentatively opened my bedroom door and listened, I was met by clicking and something rustling. A part of me wanted to investigate but the other part told me otherwise. I remembered that there was an old axe in the spare across from my bedroom.

Whatever was in my house it was starting to sound like it was coming closer. I quickly ran across to the spare room, it was almost pitch black but the window provided some light. The axe was propped up underneath the window, I grabbed it and made my way downstairs. I stopped on the last step and listened. The clicking had stopped but the rustling did not, after a few seconds I determined that it was coming from the kitchen. I gripped the axe tighter and silently went to the kitchen. The cupboards were open and my fridge was as well. Then I felt the hairs on my neck stand up. A tall figure stood up from behind the fridge door, it looked like a man.

I noticed that he held some of the gone off meat in his arms. He turned to me, he had a mask on it had very angular features and looked like it was made of metal. His hair looked like dreads but they were too thick and the texture looked off. He cocked his head to the side and stood there, unmoving. "Who are you?" I asked. I was met with silence until my voice was mimicked back to me but it was much deeper. I flicked the light on but it was dim, I should've changed the light bulb when Lucy was here.

This man wasn't a man at all, he wasn't human. His skin looked reptilian with brown blotches and he was tall, gigantic. He had amour on and was armed with a number of different weapons. He was very muscular he could put any bodybuilder to shame. He put the items on the counter and closed the cupboards and fridge door. He looked around and went to the dining table where my sketchbook was. He picked it up and flipped to a page and picked up a pen and wrote something. 'May I have the meat? You cannot eat it, it is spoiled' it said. "Yes but if you need anything please ask me beforehand" then a thought popped in my head "have you been taking my food?" things have been going missing for the past month.

'Yes, sorry there hasn't been much to hunt as of late' he quickly scribbled. "Have you got a place to stay?" he seemed hesitant to write something but wrote something down 'yes I do, thank you for asking'. I smiled at him "If you ever need a place to stay you can come here" he nodded and waved "bye, have a good night" I noticed on the counter that there was a huge knife on the counter, he must've left it. I ran out the backdoor and tried to look for him but he had vanished. I put the knife on the table and went back to my bedroom. I flopped on the bed and drifted back to sleep.