𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 5

Mari's point of view

The knocking got more persistent and loud "I'll be there now!" I shouted and the knocking ceased. It couldn't be Lucy or Jasmine because they're on holiday with my mum unless it's Jane but she's always too busy with her job to visit. I opened the door a tiny bit and poked my head around and it was... Jane with some guy. "Hey Mari how have you been?" she asked.

"I'm fine" 

"Can we come in?"

"Well, I'm a bit busy at the moment"

"Please Mari it'll only take a few minutes we'd just like to ask you a few questions"

"Fine come on in" I said as I lead them in. We sat in the living room 

"So as I said we'd like to ask you a few questions" Jane said.

"Okay"

"So have you noticed anything odd lately? Wavy lines?"

"Yes but it has been pretty hot here the last few days so it might be the heat"

"Right... have you've heard anything out of the ordinary like clicking" 

"No"

Bear's point of view

That Ooman has been on my mind lately, I've been watching her for a while and taking meat from her. She's all I can think about but why though? I'm so confused. Maybe I shouldn't go there for a while? I have no idea why I fell this way it's so frustrating. Maybe I should see her more then I might know what this feeling is. Why did I say my name was Bear? it's Dto for gods sake. 

I landed with the soft thump by the entrance of the campground. Despite me being a badblood now my life has never been better although I wish I ran away when I was older but you would be considered more of a threat. "Dto! Where the hell have you been?!" I heard my best friend shout. "I was hunting! What else would I do you, idiot!" you have to be aggressive if your out in the open because if you don't you may end up dead or someone's slave but we're not like this when it's just us. "For gods sake! You must be brain dead!" he said as he shoved me.

We went inside our house and sat down at the table. "But in all seriousness where have you been? I was waiting for ages" he said.

"I was... busy"

"Did you being busy involve those flowers again? I know what it does to your lot" I forgot to mention that he's a 'super predator' basically sup-species to the 'normal' Yautja. Some things affect us differently than them and vice versa.

"No! And anyway they don't bloom until next month"

"Well you never know"

"Yeyin we do not bring up that time"

"But it was hilarious! You were worse than a unblood in heat!

"Would you like me to find those mushrooms again and see how you like it?"

"Alright I'll stop but what were you doing then?"

"Well... you know that Ooman that lives on the outskirts?"

"Uhhh... yeah?"

"Well, last night I was getting meat form her and she caught me"

"Okay?"

"She said that I can take any meat that is spoiled and then I left but I left my knife and today I went back to her and we had breakfast together but someone knocked the door and I left but like she's constantly on my mind and I get this wired feeling"

"You have a crush! Oh my gods!"

"I have a what?"

"It's when you love someone but like um... I can't explain"

"Whatever. You love to blabber on about nonsense"

"So hunt anything good today?"

"No, there's no good game around"

"Again? I thought it was starting to at least be decent"

Mari's point of view

As much as Iove Jane I wish she never came here like she normally does. I've had to shove them out of my house and yell at them to leave. My God, people just do my heading. I wonder when Bear will come back? I mean he's an alien so it is really weird but it is nice that someone visit me more often. I've always thought that there was some life in space and it's nice to know there is. I'm thinking about separating some meat for Bear and the family of bears. 

I heard the backdoor squeak open, I went to the kitchen and there he was but he brought a friend? he was much taller than Bear and beefier if that was even possible. "Hey Bear I didn't realise you'd be back so soon" he grunted and fiddled with the notebook 'Sorry to drop in unannounced but please can we have meat?' 

"Of course you can, would you like to eat it here?" he looked to his friend and he shrugged and Bear nodded. "Take a seat" they both sat down and talked in their language, it sounded odd to me because it was clicks and growls but then again my language might sound odd to them. I opened the fridge and grabbed the container, it was bacon this time. I felt someone loom over me and I turned around it was Bears friend, he was way more terrifying than Bear up close.

"Are you okay?" he took the container from my hands "hey!" he took his mask off and smelled it well I assumed because he made a sniffing sound. He picked up a piece and looked at it. Bear said something and that caused him to stop he gave it back to me and ruffled my hair. "Don't cook it" a deep rough voice spoke. "Okay?" so I put the slices on a plate and put it down in front of them and they wolfed it down in seconds it wasn't a pretty sight.