𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝟣𝟥

Mari's point of view

Well, I never thought vicious hunters would be scared of a horror movie I think they were scared than me. "Thank gods it's over" Beu muttered. Gill and Ziru was holding on to me like a lifeline "are you guys okay?" I asked them. They nodded "why do I doubt that?"

"Okay... I was a bit scared but it was so creepy!" Ziru laughed. "It was very unsettling I will admit" Gill chimed in. Beu just grunted and looked out the window, he jerked forward "the clan is here" I sat up a bit more, I wish didn't. They looked terrifying, menacing. I shrunk back down hoping none had seen me, Gill warped his arm around me "your safe Mari, okay?" I nodded nervously. Gill started to purr and I felt calm straight away. "They're going around the back, see nothing to worry about?" then my front door burst open. I jumped a mile, a big burly Yautja stormed into my living room.

He was tall, almost as tall as Sun. His skin was pitch black but you could see the many scars that littered his body. He didn't wear much armour, it looked like he had piercings where his nipples were meant to be? He had a few on his face as well. I clung to Gill when he turned to me, the white of his eyes were black but his pupils were a striking red that sent shivers down my spine. He started to laugh, his voice matched him well. Rough and unbelievably deep. "Well now? What do we have here?" he snickered, he stepped closer "she's awfully scared, isn't she?" Beu started to growl, the others followed.

He bent down next to me and looked me in the eyes "but there isn't any need to be scared? Is it?" I jumped when he ruffled my hair. Sun ran in and spoke to the scary man. I think they started to argue with each other because the clicks and growls got louder. They calmed down after a few minutes, Gill nuzzled my head and put me next to him. Ziru hugged me and Beu did both surprisingly. "Where are you guys going?"

"We have to find out what room we're staying in" Gill said. They left but the man stayed, he sat down beside me. "A pretty thing must have a name, what is it?" "My names Mari, umm... aren't you going to find out about what room you're staying in?" he cocked his head.

"I already know, so do you have a mate?" he purred and grabbed my hand.

"What?"

"A lover? Boyfriend?"

"No?" I laughed nervously. He grinned and shuffled closer to me, he gently grabbed a strand of hair and started to play with it. "You Oomans are such fragile things, how do you manage?-"

"Well, you just live with it? I really don't care, we're just different that's all. Oh! Do you want a cupcake?"

"Cup-what?" the confident aura seemed to disperse, replaced with confusion. He cooked his head to the left, is that common with Yautja? Bear does it as well. "I'll get one and show you" I went into the kitchen and grabbed a few on a plate a went back to the living room... he's gone? I felt hands on my hips, gently massaging them. It felt nice, it really relaxed me and I don't know why. I turned around and there he was. "Take one" I said to him.

He bent done and looked at the cupcakes "what is the red ones? With white cream?"

"Red velvet, it's frosting on top, not cream. Go on take it" he was sceptical but took it, a long snake-like tongue licked a glob of frosting, his eyes lit up. He quickly devoured it, frosting coted his mandibles and a little bit on his eyebrow. "Can-" he stopped abruptly. I heard my front door swing open. "Mari! Are you here!" Bear... it was Bear! I handed-well more like shoved the plate into his arms and ran to the hallway. "Bear! I've missed you!" I ran to him and jumped up and flung my arms around his neck.

He squeezed me tightly just as I did. I looked into his eyes, those gorgeous orbs. He had changed a bit his face was spikey now and his dreadlocks were a deep black, his skin got slightly darker but not by much. But his eyes remained the same. He was purring so loudly I was vibrating. "Mari there is something I must tell you!" I was startled a little bit, his voice had gone a bit deep but not by much. "What?"

He crouched down to my level and hugged me a second time "Mari, I'm not really sure how you're going to take this, but here it goes," he took a deep breath "Not once in my life have I ever felt so happy in another's presence, even my own. You have made me so happy, you give me so much joy, please Mari... stay with me for forever?"

Bear's point of view

I felt my heart pound, she was silent for a few seconds "Bear" my eyes lit up as she smiled. "Of course I'll be with you forever your my best friend!" oh... was I just friend-zoned? "Mari I love you, I just think you should know that"

"Aww, that's so sweet, I love you too! Your my best friend in the whole wide world!" oh no... I don't think she gets it. I heard a gruff laugh I glared at the entrance to the living room. A warrior was there, I've never seen him before in my life but he had our clan mark on his amour. I hissed at him, that seemed to amuse him even more. He was older than me, not an elder but more of an adult, I'm technically still a teenager since I'm still going through puberty but I'm almost done with it, thank gods.

"Oh how cute, it looks like I got a rival now" wait... what? I'll kill him. Mari is mine, only mine- "do you two know each other?" Mari's sweet voice broke my train of thought. I pulled her closer to me, I won't let him near her. "No, we don't, however, I've heard of him. Dto isn't it?" I growled at him. Mari made a soft sound of discomfort, I look down at her. I was almost crushing her! I loosened my hold on her "Yes... it is" I spat at him.

"My, you certainly are keen on mating with her aren't you? She should be with someone better, like me, not some useless weakling"