𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 4

Mari's point of view

Well this was a mistake, I almost screamed but I choked on my toast instead. I quickly felt something hit my back like a truck and thus I stopped chocking. He turned me around to face him, I realized that he had two different eyes one was a deep blue the other was bright yellow. His eyes were sunken in. He had mandibles it reminded me of a crab but on each mandible there was a tusk at the end. His skin was a soft brown and it looked like he had freckles which were a caramel colour. His hair, if you could call it that was tube-like and was braided and a chocolate brown. Also, he had an eyebrow piercing. 

He shook me and grunted "oh... thanks for that"  he huffed and sat back down in front of me and ate his piece of toast "so can you speak English?" He gave a half motion with his hand "what can you say then?" he shrugged "you just said you could speak it, is it bad?"

"IIIIIIII lleeggiit caannn'tt sssspeak iiit" he rumbled. His voice was deep and soft.

"But you can write in English and read it?" he nodded. "Do you prefer writing it instead of speaking it?" he nodded again "I have spare notebooks do you want it? So if you come here again we can talk?" he grunted as a response "I'm taking that as a yes, I'll be back in a minute" I quickly went upstairs and grabbed three notebooks and my gel pens and rushed back downstairs. I placed them in front of him as well as my gel pens "take the one you like best" he picked one up it had a flamingo on it, he stared at it for a few seconds before putting it back down. He then picked up one that was made out of sequins, it had a bear on it and it's one of the ones that have a picture if you brush your hand on it, it shows another picture and it was a polar bear. "Oh! can I show you something cool?" he nodded.

I went around the table and grabbed the notebook "watch this" I dragged my hand across the book and the other picture came threw. He looked shocked and I handed the book back to him. He tried it for himself and looked amused, he didn't even look at the other and handed it back too me. I grabbed my gel pens a dumped them on the table "Pick the ones you like" he looked threw the pile and picked three, they were all glitter ones green, pink and blue and he started to write something down. He handed me the book it said 'thank you ooman, what is your name?'  "My name is Mari what's yours?" I said as I handed it back to him, he quickly scribbled something down and showed me 'You can call me Bear if you like, your name is nice

"Thank you Bear"

'You live here by yourself don't you? '

"Yep it's just me, myself and I but my sisters visit me whenever they can and I get delivered shopping, I don't really go out much"

'How old are you? you look young'

"I'm 19, what about you?"

'I am 170 years old'

"Really? you've probably seen it all" I chuckled.

'Actually I'm really young for my age. Yautja have a longer life span than oomans'

"How long can your people live for?"

'I think a 1,000 years but some will never live for that long, only a few can'

"What do you mean only a few can?"

'Our lifestyle revolves around hunting, we kill worthy prey to impress females, they mate with a male they find worthy and the cycle continues'

"That sounds boring but then again my life must sound pretty dull to you"

'Well that's just how it is and besides, I got sick of it and ran away and now I'm here'

"Do you ever feel lonely? or scared?"

'I could ask the same things to you but to answer your question I don't get lonely and anyway I have my clan so I still socialize with other Yautja'

"Oh so is it like a big group of people?"

'I suppose so'

I was about to speak but a beep cut me off. Bear looked down at his wrist and huffed. 'I have to go, it was nice chatting with you Mari '. We said goodbye and I saw Bear out. After he left there was a knock at the door.