90. A Friend from the Past - Part 2

Appleloosa...

It was only a few minutes later after Lord Tirek was done stealing the magic of the ponies of Appleloosa. Discord, the Lord of Chaos and the one who was supposed to be the one to stop Tirek, decided to betray the ponies of Equestria and actually teamed up with him. Together they set out to steal the magic of everypony in Equestria and eventually rule over it.

All of Equestria would probably end up in a similar state in which Appleloosa was in right now. Ponies laid on the ground unconscious and weakened after their magic was stolen by Tirek. Even Summershine, who fought bravely against him, laid there unconscious in the middle of the road.

There was an almost threatening silence in this town. The only thing that could be heard was the wind that occasionally blew through the streets. It could be heard clearly because there was no other sound in the whole town.

...

Surprisingly, in the middle of this silence, Summershine began to twitch on the ground for a second. Shortly after, he slowly got up on his hooves and grabbed his head, he had a terrible headache and took a few breaths to collect himself again. He then looked around to see where he was or to find out what happened. After that, he was looking at his hoof as if he wanted to confirm something.

He didn't say a single word but he slowly formed a smile on his face before he covered his face with his gray hood again. He walked forward and started to head out of town all while having a sinister smile on his face that could even be seen after he put on his hood along with his eyes...which no longer had their usual purple color but instead...were now red...

In the Castle of the Two Sisters...

"He did what!?" Star Twinkle exclaimed in shock after Twilight explained the whole situation to him.

Twilight nodded with a heavily bothered expression on her face. "Yes...Discord sided with Lord Tirek...and right now they are stealing magic from all the ponies in Equestria..." she explained further.

Star Twinkle clenched his teeth as soon as he heard that. "I knew we couldn't trust this guy! The first chance he gets to drive Equestria in chaos again, he forgets all about being our..."friend"," he said angrily, while he had a hard time calling Discord a friend in the first place. "What now?" He asked after he realized that things would only get much harder from this point on for everyone.

"Well..." Twilight started before she continued to explain the situation further. "Princess Celestia realized that it would only be a matter of time until Tirek would get powerful enough. Once he would be done stealing the magic of everypony else, his next goal should be going after the princesses and their Alicorn Magic so..." she explained before she stopped in mid-sentence for some reason.

"So?" Star Twinkle asked confused.

"So..." Twilight replied before she stopped again. Star Twinkle could feel how she was probably asked to help them in some kind of way and that it pressured her. But she finally went out with it and explained what Princess Celestia and the other princesses had done. "Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, and Cadance gave up their magic and entrusted it to me," she said while a magic aura showed up around her as if she wanted to show Star Twinkle the result of that action.

"What!?" Star Twinkle asked in a shock. "You have all the magic of the princesses inside of you?" He asked in order for Twilight to confirm this.

Twilight nodded in response. "Yes and I want you to keep it a secret from the others," she then said, much to Star Twinkle's confusion, who had no idea what that would accomplish. "I was actually told to not tell anypony about this so that nopony else would be put in danger but...I just had to tell this to somepony,"