Chapter 15

We settled into the house nicely. A little over two months later and we had adjusted to living together. During the day, we went to the clubhouse. He worked in the garage while I helped out with answering the phones. It was the only job that he'd let me have considering how far along I was. I couldn't stand for very long with how my feet were swelling. 

"You look like you're about to pop." Leo said as I walked into the office of the garage. 

"Feel like it too." I tell him. 

I was ready to push this baby out. Most of the day I felt bloated and overheated. The summer heat certainly didn't help either. I loved being warm, but at the moment I would kill for winter. 

"Only a month left." Leo reminds me as he hands me the appointment schedule for the day. 

The phones started ringing so I got to work. Over the last month I was able to organize the office perfectly. Before I started in here, it was a complete mess. How they didn't lose any important documents was beyond me. 

A roar of motorcycles was nothing unusual to hear. The shouts that followed it caught my attention. I got up to go stand in the doorway of the office, looking to see what was going on. About fifteen bikes pulled in through the gates. Patches that didn't belong to the Grimm Bastards were on their vests. 

"Stay the fuck inside." Beast growls at me as he pulls out a gun. 

I go back into the office and watch as the Grimm Bastards all come out to face the introducers. All of them had their hands on their guns. Beast was the only one who had his pulled out and ready. My heart pounded as I watched the scene unfolding in front of me. 

The baby was going crazy in my stomach. I tried stroking the bump, hoping to calm her down. She must be picking up on my nerves. Every time she danced on my bladder I felt the urge to go to the restroom. I couldn't do that without breaking the orders of staying inside. 

I didn't know much about club business. What I did know was that these weren't friends of the club. They wouldn't be ready to fire if they were. As they talked, I watched as Beast began to lower his gun after Ray put a hand on his shoulder. Three of the unknown bikers followed Ray, Beast, and Carp- the VP of the Grimm Bastards- into the clubhouse. Everyone else remained in a stand off outside. 

The phone started to ring again. I went to answer it, deciding it was better to get back to work. Before I could make it over to the phone, my little girl started going crazy again. I'd never felt her move this much, not even when Beast is around. Once I sat down in my chair, she calmed down again allowing me to get to business. 

I finished the phone call, changing the appointment for an oil change in the system. That's when I flooded my pants. I hadn't had to deal with Braxton Hicks during the pregnancy so I had no preparations for the contractions that hit me. Clutching the arms of my chair, I cried out in pain. Looks like this little girl was ready to pop out after all. 

On shaky legs, I made my way towards the clubhouse. Orion rushed over to me as soon as he saw me step out of the office.