Chapter 20

A screaming infant filled the peaceful night sleep I was having. It was our first night back in our house and after tossing and turning I'd finally fallen asleep. Groaning, I sat up in bed ready to go tend to Maddie. 

"I've got her." Beast climbed out of bed, kissing my forehead. 

A few minutes later he comes back into the room, baby in his arms. Her little face was red from crying, but was now cooing up at her daddy. He gets back into bed letting Maddie go in the middle of us. She instantly reached out and grabbed a lock of my hair to chew on. 

I laughed. "She's not gonna go back to sleep if we have her here." 

"She just didn't want to be alone." He says. A large hand tickling her little tummy. 

"The big bad biker taken down by a baby in diapers." I smirked. 

He gave a deep growl with a twinkle in his eyes. I knew that if we didn't have our baby in between us he'd show me just how bad he could be. He'd get his revenge at some point. For now, he was just content being the happy little family cuddling together. 

After a few minutes, Beast pulled Maddie up onto his chest. She gurgled before nestling into into his chest. I moved over to cuddle into him as well. His arm wrapped around me, pulling me close. I laid my head on his shoulder looking at the little girl. Tufts of blonde hair stuck out from her head. She got her eyes from her father. Other than that she looked like I did when I was a baby. 

"Let's have another one." He says as she starts to drift off back to sleep. 

I sit up, looking at him. "Really?"

"Yeah, I mean this one is cute. Maybe the next one will look like me." He said. "Plus it might be nice to have a son." 

"I just popped this one out." I reminded him. 

"I'm just thinking out loud." He pulls me back down to his side. 

"We can think about it when she's a little older." I say. 

Beast nodded, closing his eyes. He feigned sleep for a while before actually falling asleep. I couldn't fall back asleep though. My mind was racing. He wanted another kid. I hadn't even been really aware that he'd wanted Maddie, now he's wanting us to have a whole soccer team before she's even out of diapers. 

This was the first time he'd talked about our future. Part of me had hoped that he'd discuss marriage before me popping out another one. Perhaps it's the man in him that enjoys seeing me swollen with his child. I know how much he loves Maddie. I just wasn't sure if we were ready for another kid especially with everything going on. 

I'd never even thought about having kids before. Maddie had been a complete surprise. I don't regret having her though. From the moment I saw her in the first ultrasound, I loved her. I just wasn't sure if I was ready to add another one to the mix. 

The next morning I woke up before the other two in my bed. Maddie had wiggled her way up to be curled up on the pillow right next to Beast's head. I pulled out my phone to capture a picture of the sweet moment. The click of the camera had his eyes opening. He looked up at me through sleepy eyes, seeing the phone in my hands. 

"Was that necessary?" He asks. 

I showed him the picture. "It was too cute to pass up on." 

He rolled his eyes but still requested that I sent him the picture. I planned on going to town later to print it out to add to it to her baby book. 

Beast and I had the day off before the grand reopening of the garage. I used the day to start catching up on laundry. We hadn't really washed anything while we were staying at the clubhouse. Now that we were back in our house there was at least six loads to do. Especially with Maddie going through four outfits a day. 

I let out a frustrated groan as I kept scrubbing at a grease stain on one of Beast's shirts. No matter how much stain remover I used it just seemed to stay. He hadn't even stained it at the garage. It was from him tinkering on his bike in the driveway. 

"Belle, can you come here a minute?" Beast called from the basement. 

I threw the shirt down, giving up on it. In the basement I found him going through some boxes. These boxes had been here since before we moved in. I figured out that they were stuff he'd had before enlisting. He currently had his old letterman jacket from high school out. 

"What's up?" I asked him. 

He hands me the box that came with our class rings. "Here." 

I opened it up expecting to see the class ring I'd given him to hold on to overseas. Instead I was greeted with a beautiful ring. The diamonds sparkled surrounding a small opal, which was my favorite stone. I remember being in high school and telling Callum that I'd always wanted a ring with opals and diamonds. My jaw dropped as I pulled it from the box. Looking up at him I saw that he was now down on one knee, looking up at me. 

"Marry me." It wasn't a question. It didn't need to be. 

"What?" I asked him, still in shock from seeing the ring. 

"I want you to marry me." He carefully annunciated each word. I still didn't say anything so he continued on. "I'd bought that ring before I enlisted. You're a part of me, one that I have to have in my life. You're it for me, babe. When you were still pregnant and worried that I'd get a new wife, I knew that was never going to be the case. You are the only one I've ever wanted to be married to." 

I wrapped my arms around him. "Yes, of course I'll marry you."

He pulls me in close, only pulling away to put the ring on my finger. "I love you so fucking much." 

"I love you too." I kissed him deeply.