Chapter 19

The Diablo Ghost MC roared into the lot. They were the same MC that had been here when I went into labor. An alliance was to form between the two clubs. They had intel that our men needed. I was only privy to a few of those details. What I did know was that things were changing. 

Carp, Beast, and Orion took the three highest ranking members into Church. The rest of the members of both clubs gathered around the common space in the clubhouse. A few had brought their old ladies to bond with their new allies. I stayed in the background, observing everything. Maddie sat in her carseat beside me. 

"Cute kid," One of the members of the Ghosts said, coming to stand beside me. He handed me a fresh beer. 

"Thanks." I said, gladly taking the beer. 

"I'm Badger." He introduced himself, taking a seat next to me. 

Badger was a handsome man. He was shorter and less built than Beast, but still muscled all the same. A goofy grin was stretched out on his face. Tattoos covered his skin. His honey colored eyes were welcoming and sincere. Unlike the rest of the Hispanic club, he wasn't as tan. He must be mixed. 

"I'm Izzy, Beast's old lady." I told him. 

Before they had come, Beast told me to always introduce myself as his old lady whenever a different club was around. To stake his claim as well as a sign for other men not to bother me. The rest of the men that had tried to flirt with me today ran for the hills as soon as they heard that. No one was willing to try to cross the Beast. 

"That's cool." Badger says, not fazed by what I told him. "I came over to see the kid, to be honest. My sister had a nephew a few months ago. Now I prefer to hang out with babies than adults. They're a lot less scary." 

I laugh. "Fair enough."

"Can I hold her?" He asks. Those big brown eyes begging me. 

I gave him a nod, unable to refuse the look he was giving me. He took her into his arms with the biggest smile on his face. When she began to stir, he rocked her gently. Badger sang Amazing Grace to her softly, calming her down immediately. She cooed up at him. My little girl, never meeting a stranger. 

"My mom used to sing that to me and my sisters growing up." He tells me. "I'm used to all women before I joined the club." 

Badger told me more about his life as we sat there chatting. I found myself enjoying talking to him. He didn't try to flirt with me, unlike some of the other members of his club. I think he just found himself more comfortable with women than other men. I learned that he didn't really have a father figure until his mother married Carlos, his president, when he was sixteen.

I was so into the conversation with him that I didn't even realize the Church doors had opened once again. I only noticed when I felt a large presence behind me. Turning around I was greeted by a seething Beast. I reached up, pulling his face down to mine for a kiss. He relaxed a bit, but kept the same intimidating look on his face. 

"Beast, this is Badger. Badger, meet my old man." I introduce the two. 

Beast shook his hand. Badger flinched at the hard grip my old man gave him. When he pulled away he shook his hand, trying to regain feeling in his hand. I took Maddie, handing her to her father. Perhaps he would play nice if his daughter was in his arms. 

"I heard you'll be patching over to our club as part of the alliance." Beast said. 

Badger nods. "Figured I'd try to win favor with your old lady and kid as a sign of good faith. Beautiful family you have. I'd be happy to babysit for you two whenever I'm patched over." 

I gave Beast a look to play nice. He grumbled, not really answer Badger. I turned to the younger man. "That would be lovely." 

Carlos called Badger over to introduce him to Carp. He quickly scurried off like a little puppy. Beast watched him, glaring at him as he walked away. 

"He's harmless." I told Beast once he'd walked away. "Maddie likes him." 

"She's a baby, she likes anyone who gives her attention." Beast said. 

"Well I like him." I said. "He'll be a good addition to the club. Might need to toughen up a bit though." 

"We'll see." Was the only response he gave. 

I rolled my eyes. Always the possessive one. He barely liked it when his brothers talked to me, much less an outsider. I wasn't interested in anyone else, much less the sweet little Badger. I had preference for my big scary biker. 

"You're on diaper duty." I told him, giving him a kiss on the cheek. "I have paperwork in the office to do." 

We had decided that it was best if I stayed on in the garage instead of going back to work in the bar. It was better hours and I could bring Maddie with me. If she got too fussy, there was always someone trusted around that would be able to watch her. Not to mention it meant that I would always be closer to Beast. A win win situation. 

Since Ray's death, we'd closed the garage. With everything getting back to normal, we were set to open later this week. That meant I could start booking appointments again. I wanted to have everything ready before the opening. All the canceled appointments were to be remade for the next upcoming week. 

By the time I finished up in the office, everyone seemed to be in the party mood. A few more old ladies from the other MC showed up bringing food to our little potluck to celebrate the new alliance. A couple of our men were grilling ribs for the event. The smell of the food had my stomach growling. 

I made my way towards my old man, who to my surprise was talking to Badger. Perhaps it was more accurate to say that Badger was talking his ears off while Beast listened. I couldn't help but laugh at the sight getting the attention of both men. Beast pulled me down onto his lap, going back to the conversation. 

"I feel like we just adopted a puppy." Beast whispers in my ear when Badger went to grab us all beers. 

"Harmless. I told you." I reminded him. "Don't question your old lady." 

He chuckles. "I won't make that mistake again."