Chapter 15. Win some Lose some

September 2019

Iris :
Bt bruh have you realised how much we chat💔😱😱😱😱😱😱🙆🙆🙆🙆🙆🙆🙆
Like try scrolling to the start of yesterday's convo
Note; prepare thyn finger

Cameron :
Nah I know its...yho. I try everyday

Iris :
Same here
Bt yesterday was better

Cameron :
Yeah

Iris :
I get tired scrolling
I don't read
Unless I want a lil laugh

Cameron :
😂😂😂

Iris :
Fr
We're ALWAYS laughing

~

For the past week we have been talking non-stop. Even though it's a school day. We talk in school, on WhatsApp and Instagram.
I know it's crazy right.
Sometimes we talk on Instagram and WhatsApp at the same time.
I don't even know how we have two different conversations at the same time.
We talk so much it's reached a point where people at school started to ask questions.
The strange thing is I'm basically unknown in the school and now everyone seems to notice me but she is kind of a famous person in the school so it makes sense.

I thought I liked her before but I absolutely love her now.
I can't spend a minute without thinking about her. She's in my dreams too, like this is getting hectic I just hope she feels the same way.

The Next Day

I used to dread Monday's but now I can't wait for them. I love walking to school and back with friends. I love seeing Iris and working next to her. My marks have improved just because I want to impress her. I know I should find better reasons to work but I really don't care about anything but her.

I got up dressed up made sure I looked perfect for Iris. Went out to Mabhena's house in Bridgetown. We then went to fetch Yaatie and later headed to school after a few FIFA games.
Yaatie's parents dropped us of and as always we were feeling confident stepping out their BMW.

I had a feeling I shouldn't have brought my phone but it is what it is.

School carried on as always. We laughed and talked in and out of class till the day ended.
After school I went to speak to Iris and the boys had to wait for me.

After her Dad came to fetch her we were off.
I was having the best time we were all just laughing. Just Mabhena, Yaatie, Wayne and I The Bridgetown boys. These past few weeks have been the best I have ever had in my entire life. For the first time everything is going Cameron's way, I feel happier and stress free.

We entered our dodgie short cut and our positive energy was just growing.

We reached the end of the bushy area and there were 3 guys sitting there waiting like they were waiting for us.

"Hola gents!" One in a red t-shirt says.
"Awe" We all said.
I am not too concerned right now because there are four of us and only 3 of them but they may have weapons.
"Give me your money!" He says to Wayne.
"I don't have money." Wayne replies.
He pushes him and grabs his shirt trying to intimidate him. Yaatie holds his arm and tells him to leave him and it obviously doesn't work.

I realized that I was still in the same spot and I was shaking.

Coward

"What are you doing." The red shirted dude says while pulling Yaatie away.
"Don't touch me."
They then start fighting, and we just watched.

One of the other guys started searching us and took Mabhena's phone. He then came to me but I some how managed to move my phone while he searched me, he then left me and when I looked up Yaatie overpowered the robber and ran away leaving his bag on the floor.

The red shirted dude was clearly the leader and it seems like now his really pissed. He then walked towards me and grabbed my bag and started searching. It was at that moment when I noticed my heart was pounding and my body was shaking so much it felt like I was vibrating.

The leader started patting me down and I while I was moving my phone he caught me.

We looked each other in the eye and he realized I was hiding my phone but I also realized something...they don't have weapons.

I can't loose my phone

I pulled my phone back and quickly adjusted my position then kicked him in the chest, is could here all the air leave his lungs and he landed hard in a bush. It happened so fast I really wasn't thinking it was more like instinct. Feeling the adrenaline flowing through me I decided to make a break for it. I turned and began to bolt away but two steps later I tripped on a stupid rock and when I fell my right knee landed hard on another rock.

My bloody luck.

I got up but was pushed back down by someone then everything become slow. I looked to my right and saw a foot moving towards me, it seemed to be coming in slow motion and at that moment I knew it was over.

"Ah shit." I thought.

The boot hit my head and I felt like I was being hit by a car. After that kick came two more from the other two. They kicked and kicked and kicked, all that went through my head was the pain.
The leader stomped on my right knee and I felt a piercing pain.

I managed to stand and the kicking stopped but the punching started. All I could do was cover my face. I started screaming and pleading for help I looked into my friends eyes as they watched me get battered. They just stood there and watched, the sight of this filled me with so much rage. I pushed all of them away and ran away but they didn't run after me they ran away.
I looked at my wrist and noticed my watch was missing, it was probably lost when I was having my ass handed to me, my favourite watch was gone just like that. Not only that I checked my pocket and my phone was gone as well.