Chapter 20. The Gift

October

Iris's birthday is coming up and I have been saving up for the perfect gift, and I had to save quite a lot because I plan to get her a necklace. I'm still not sure what type of necklace but I know where to get good advice.

"So you wanna buy her a necklace?" Charlotte asked.
"Haven't you been listening to what I have been saying." I said sitting beside her in our usual spot at the park.
"Dude, you saved this much just for her?" Charlotte asked. " All I get is a pat on the back and she gets a necklace!"
"Jealousy does not suit you."
"I'm not jealous!" She snapped.
"Woah, I'm just saying."
"The next time you gonna call me to talk about useless things and accuse me, just don't call!!" Charlotte stomped off and left me puzzled.

I walked to Monte Casino to meet Ken and Andrew, they were also buying gifts so we decided to go together.
  We decided to start with Andrew who already bought a teddy and just had to get a chocolate.

"Damn" Andrew whispered.
"What?" Ken asked.
"I don't know what her favourite chocolate is." He responded.
"Cameron what's your girlfriend's favourite chocolate flavour?" Ken asked me but I didn't know.

I never thought of asking her about it but now it does seem like very useful information. Luckily I'm the brains of the group so I came up with a solution that was brilliant.
Ask Iris.

So Andrew handed me his phone and I called Iris.

"Hey Drew!!" Iris greeted.
"Drew?" I responded.
"Whose this?" She asked
"Why the hell do you call him Drew? His not an artist." I replied.
"Ugh, Cameron what are you doing with Andrews phone?" I could hear the smile in her voice and I was so happy that she was able to recognize my voice, but that's probably because I'm the only one stupid enough to respond like that.

"Well I missed hearing your voice, I don't have a phone anymore and it's been ages since I heard you speak."
"We were together yesterday."
"As I said, ages."
"You know you are impossible to deal with?"
"Do you remember when I bought you those chocolates 2 weeks ago at the end of the term?"
"Ya, I didn't want them and you are lucky I like chocolates which is why I didn't throw them."
"Ah your welcome, what's your favourite chocolate flavour?"
"I won't tell you but I will give you a hint."
"It's mint!"
"Ya"
"Thanks!"
"What are you up to?"
"Bye" I hung up.

Andrew bought a huge Cadbury mint chocolate bar and then we went to buy my gift at a store called Sins on the other side of Monte. It's a store that sells all kinds of stuff like sweets, jewelry and cool souvenirs. We went to the jewelry section and looked at the necklaces.

There were so many I wasn't sure what exactly to get.

"What about this one." Andrew suggested.
"It says 'loved' that is a bad idea, this one is better it has an I for Iris." said Ken.
"Nah, check this one it's perfect it's a heart." I showed them the necklace.

We agreed that it was the perfect one and I bought it.

Iris's birthday is next week and I can't wait to show her my gift. To top it off I am going to write a poem and draw some roses to make a birthday card. I'm a genius!