Chapter 10. Death

Yho!
It's already Friday, this week has gone by so fast I didn't even notice it flying by, I guess time does fly when your having fun.

I woke up today excited to go to school for the first in a while because my high school period was trash so I hated coming to school. School was the place where I got beaten up and got a few bad marks so of course I hated it but now, I have great friends (though they have their days) and I am gaining a special bond with Iris.
I know it's only been like...what? A months? But I swear I haven't felt this close to anyone in my life, she makes me feel like there is more to life and there is more that I can do with my life. Every moment I spend with her is a moment I wish could last forever... and every moment I am not with her is a moment I wish could end sooner.

As the days pass these feelings seem to expand and become deeper and some how she gets more and more beautiful as time passes, it's the type of beauty that radiates off her continuously. I can't help but-

"Hey!! It's already seven o'clock, stop staring at your plate and go to school!" My father yells and I rush out realizing I have to walk all the way to school because I have wasted so much precious time day dreaming.

Usually when I get to school I go to the spot with the gents but I decided to go to a corner in the foyer where Iris chills.

"Hey Camy." Iris says softly.
"Hey Iry." I respond with a smile, but then become a little concerned because she doesn't seem well.
"Did you just make that up?" She says before taking a sip of water from her bottle.
"I will stop calling you Iry if you don't like it."
She smiles at me.
" No it's okay."
"Are you okay?"
" I will be fine." She says adding some energy to her words to try convince me, and it obviously doesn't.

For a while I tried to make us talk normally but she seemed like she wanted to be alone and I was not going to leave her while she was not operating at full capacity.

After a while I couldn't just leave the topic. "Dude if you not well you should go home before school starts."
"No I can't go when there is so much work to be done at school."
" I can easily send you all the work we do, we are together in most of our classes."

She just said she will "manage" and before I could try harder to convince her she should go home to rest, the bell rang and we had to go to class. We walk to class together but today one of her friends walked with us and I must say she is doing a splendid job at acting strong (it's one of the reasons I like her) she even almost convinced me she was okay.
Almost.

Friday is a dreadful school day because we have a lot of classes, which means we have more books to carry. Iris even carries some books in her arms and she never allows me to help her but I'm Cameron so I obviously don't listen. I grabbed her books and bottle when she wasn't looking as I walked her to geography.

"Can I at least hold my bottle?" She wined as we walked.
"No." I responded.
"Ahh! But I'm thirsty."
"Fine! Here." I hand her the bottle and she just smiles. "You lied."
"No, I didn't say I'm drinking now." She laughed and all I could do in response was smile.
We reached the door and Mr Simon was waiting.

"Iris your nearly late and I don't remember you being in my class." Mr Simon says as I hand Iris her stuff.
"No sir, I was just escorting here."
"Mhmm, go to class wena." He says while shaking his head.

"Late again Cameron." Miss Rull says (by the way it's pronounced rule).
"I forgot I was coming here." I respond while taking my seat.
"Ah, I see. Well I hope you at least remembered to do your homework."

Dammit.

I obviously forgot to do my homework and I had to stay in during break because of this which meant I didn't speak to Iris during break time and she had to carry her books.
I didn't know my actions had such repercussion.

I will make sure my work is done from now on.

At the end of the day was Physics so I got to see Iris and she wasn't to far from her usually self but that didn't make me feel any better.

It's a strange feeling, I have only felt this concerned about my dog.

I just hope it's not a life threatening issue.

Don't think negative.

***

I was doing my homework outside-
Yes actually doing my homework.
While Bingo ran chasing who knows what, I was chasing and searching ferociously for answers to a maths sum.

I eventually gave up and started running around with Bingo, chasing who knows what. In the middle of our galavanting I received a call from Charlotte.

"Hey Cam."
"Hey Charlotte, is everything okay?"
"Ya ya everything is fine, I was just wondering if you wanted to go for a walk tomorrow?"
"Oh really?"
"Ya, that is if your available."
"Uhm, I would love to."
"Great meet me at Agulhas street at 5:30."
"Five!?"
"Yep bye!"

And just like that she hung up and now I have to walk with her at five o' bloody clock.
Iris sent me a message which put a smile on my face.

Iris:

Hey Camy

Cameron:

Hey Iry
I

ris:

I need to tell you something important.

Woah. This must be important because she even put a full stop.

Cameron:

I'm listening

Iris:

Uhm...idk how to say this.

Cameron:

Ey bruv you scaring me😂

Iris:

Recently we have been getting closer.

Yes!

Iris:

And I haven't felt this close to someone in a while, I feel free around you. To me honesty is the most important thing in a relationship so, I need to tell you something.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

Cameron:

...

I

ris:

Cameron I'm really sick, the doctors say I'm dying.

No!
Everything was going so well, I was happy, WE were happy. Why did this have to happen now? Why to me?

This isn't fair!