Chapter 18

"This can't be happening... I mean I clearly remember my other life. But what do I remember? I can't remember it... Something is there." I mumbled to myself under my breath, loud enough for only me to hear. "Come on, think, think, I'm forgetting something important..."

Women should be kind Autumn.

Women should be forgiving.

Women shouldn't raise their fists at anyone, no matter how much of a sore loser scummy dirt-bag they might be Autumn.

Women shouldn't curse...

But I'm sure you just cursed a whole lot at someone, random vague voice in the back of my mind.

"Mum!" I gasped in shock. "What the hell is going on? Why can I barely remember my own mum? Come on, what else is there?" I mumbled knocking my temple with a clenched fist.

How do I convince these people I don't know them?

"I didn't want to tell anyone this, but I feel like my hands have been forced... There's a reason why I can't be your daughter or sister because..." Now how to say this without coming across as crazy?

"I can't so I'll just say it, I'm actually not from here. This whole world is inside of a book, you guys aren't real only I am, I'm from the real world. I don't know how I got here but I seriously can't be part of your family." It felt as if a huge weight has been lifted and I could finally breathe with that secret off my chest. I braced myself for gasps and all around shock but was met with pitying looks.

"Sis I know you have an ego issue and all but it's a bit rude to say all of us are fake." Ian patted my head condescendingly.

"You little shit, I'm not egotistical." I slapped his hand away and glanced over at Samuel for help but he looked astounded.

"Is it because you were kidnapped? Autumn, I'm so sorry I should've come earlier." Samuel cried out as his eyes began watering and he came over to hug me.

Oh Samuel.

"Son, you better distance yourself." The man rudely pulled Samuel off while I tightened my grasp on him.

There's no better time to be shameless than when there's confusion.

"Ahem, I'm being serious guys. Like I have no idea where you guys came from and what not but I know the main story." I tried convincing Samuel by throwing in a few examples of things I shouldn't know but only know as a reader of the first few chapters of the book. "Kristoffer has a twin sister who's currently studying abroad in Kazakhstan. Soleil was mute in her younger years. You were obsessed with Britney Spears as a teenager." I grabbed onto his shoulders to look him straight in the eye, trying to convince him I wasn't lying.

"W-w-what, even Kristoffer doesn't know about Britney." Samuel's face instantly flushed red before he covered his face with his hands.

"I know! It's because I read the book, well I mean some of it. But I'm telling you guys I am not from here."

I tried persuading them but it was all for naught as the lady smacked me round the back of my head. "Ow!" I yelped while soothing the injury.

"Good try Autumn but you already tried that 5 years ago on Christmas, it's a bit boring using the same story again." The lady huffed in disappointment.

"..." Already tried it? No way... This fake past me had already said all this... What the hell is going on?

"B-but it doesn't make sense that she knows those things." Samuel appealed after regaining his composure from having his dark past revealed.

"Who's Kristoffer and Soleil? Why is she not saying anything about us?"

"Because you didn't exist in the book, I mean as far I know!" I said exasperatedly while throwing my hands up in the air.

Maybe they existed but I was definitely not supposed to be part of their family. Because as I have said time and time again. I. Am. Not. From. Here.

"Well there seems to be a big plot hole in your story, because I'm pretty sure we exist." The lady rolled her eyes as she shoved me towards the dining table. "But do tell us more over dinner." She smiled as she forced me to sit on the chair.

As I looked up I was met with the expectant gazes of my pseudo-family and Samuel- my soon to be family.

A/N:
I really like the last sentence in this chapter 😂😂 Does anyone ship with Luther more than with Sam? Cause my mate hates Samuel but I love him so much, but idk which would be the better ship. Like she's so against him but how can you hate Samuel yk he's just a lil sweeetheart. He got big virgin energy but that's just a point that can be developed later innit *wink wink* *nudge nudge*
Well guys we had my soon to be sister in laws family (inshallah) come over and it was so damn AWKWARD FFS literally hate social interactions I feel like these 3 months of bliss were completely outweighed by yesterday 🤣🤣🤣 I went to wash the dishes and disappeared halfway through I feel like my escape methods were flawless if I'm honest but apparently they all noticed especially since my cousin kept saying where'd she go? Hey where did m/n (im tryna stay anon) go?