Chapter 8

Reed's POV

I saw her through the two way glass, her head was down and she'd obviously been beaten.

She had a black eye and bruises all over her body. She was clinging to her stomach in pain and I couldn't even explain the fury I felt.

I was livid.

I took my eyes off Julia to face the two cowards in front of me.

They were practically trembling at the sight of me and I lunged forward and grabbed Marcus by his throat.

I threw him against the wall and watched as he grasped for air. Jason's eyes had become wide but I wanted them to fear me. And they did.

"You did this?" I growled through gritted teeth.

"I-I can explain." he choked.

"I'd be extremely careful with whatever you're about to say. These could be your last words."

"S-she's just a hostage. W-we didn't think y-you'd care. We were just messing with her."

"What I care about is none of your fucking business." I roared. "If you want to mess with someone, why don't you pick on someone your own size. You don't beat the girl who's living in my home."

I pushed my thumb further into his throat, causing his face to turn slightly purple. But before I could kill him, Cyrus and Blade rushed in to pull me back.

Marcus dropped to the ground, clasping his throat for oxygen as Jason cowered in fear.

"I'm going to kill him, move out of my fucking way." I growled at Blade.

"No. You can sort him out later, you need to take Julia home." he said demandingly.

He was right, but Marcus deserved to be punished and I'd be sure to kill him for what he did to her.

I walked through the side door and into the room that Julia was being held in.

She raised her head as I walked in the room and she gasped in shock.

"R-reed? You did this to me?" she whispered in fear.

"What? No! I've come to take you home."

"Who did this to me?" she asked innocently.

I'd never seen her this frightened in all the time that I'd known her. Not even when Blade held a gun to her head.

"Marcus and Jason." I sighed.

"S-so this was down to you?"

"No, I just said-"

"You're their boss Reed. You control what they do." she stammered as she stood up carefully.

"No, I'm going to kill them for what they did to you. Jules, sit down you-" I said, reaching forward to help her.

"Don't touch me." she flinched as her high voice cracked. "And don't call me that, only my friends call me that."

Ouch.

She was on the verge of tears. She looked broken and I could only wonder what they did to her.

My heart sank as I realised that Julia was no longer comfortable around me. She was angry and she was scared of me.

The one person who spoke to me as an equal and didn't quiver when I entered the room, was now just as afraid as everyone else.

I was going to kill those men in the most painful way imaginable.

Julia's POV