My First Job

Well taking a jog around the neighborhood I came upon a poster. I stopped wondering why the poster was on the light pole to find that it was a hiring sign! I quickly took my phone out of my pocket and took a picture.

I then ran straight to the house with excitement. "Guys!" I shouted.

Carter jogged from the laundry room over to me. "What, what's wrong," Carter asked.

"I have some really good news!" I exclaimed, with a smile.

"Tell me!" Carter demanded, giving me a wide smile. I unlocked my phone and showed the photo to Carter. He's face glowed in joy.

"I can finally get a job!" I announced.

"That's really good, when's the job interview?" Carter questioned. I looked closely at the picture.

"Today, at four," I answered.

"Well, it's a good thing that you saw it today otherwise you would have missed this opportunity," Carter explained.

.......................................................

For the rest of the day, I had butterflies in my stomach. I couldn't wait to get a job interview to work at the restaurant downtown. The owner of the place allowed me to come in and get interviewed.

When the time came for me to get ready, I wore a pair of dark blue jeans, a grey flannel, and a pair of black sandals. I placed my black hair in a tight bun and only put on a tad bit of makeup. Iris allowed me to wear a pair of her white pearl earrings.

"You look beautiful," Iris complimented. I gave a small smile.

"T-thank you."

Iris drove me to the Green Curry, the restaurant I may or may not soon be working at. I tried my hardest to take deep breaths; however I couldn't stop being so nervous. What if I mess up? What if I say something wrong?

Before I new it we were already at Green Curry. My stomach began to feel like sharp needles stabbing me in and out. My breathing slowed down and it started to get harder and harder to breathe.

"Just take deep breathes in and out. There's nothing to be nervous about," Iris clarified. How did she know what I was thinking about? How could she tell I was nervous?

My breathing appeared to become easier as I relaxed my mind and thoughts. "Alright, I can do this," I told myself outloud.

"Yes, you can," Iris justified, giving me a hug. I hugged her tightly before pulling away and leaving the car. I walked into the restaurant and walked over to the office. A girl with short, brown hair with blonde highlights opened the door.

"Hi, I'm Jewel. I am the manager and will be asking you questions," she introduced. Jewel and I walked into the office. I sat down in the chair that stood just in front of the desk while Jewel sat in the desk chair.

The first thing I was assigned to do was fill out a sheet of paper, full of questions. After that was done Jewel asked me a few questions herself.

"Soooo-" Jewel looked at the sheet of paper, "Gabby, have you ever had a job before?"

"No," I admitted, confused on why she was asking me the same questions I filled out on the paper, I still went with the flow.

"Have you ever cooked a meal for a large amount of people?"

"No, not for a large amount of people," I replied. Jewel continued to ask questions and which I answered them all. 

"Well, Gabriella you got the job!" Jewel informed.