Chapter six

I opened my eyes and looked at the small clock on my bedside table.

It was midnight .

I heard Coles steady breathing behind me and slowly got out of bed.

I stepped into the kitchen and on my tippy toes I managed to reach the cabinet with the newspaper in.

I took it down and began to turn to pages .

Every thing seemed ordinary , murders , deaths and protests but looking closer at the article on the first page my eyes widened .

A picture of a dead body then the caption POLICE LOSE CONTROL OF IMPRISONED MAN .

I read the article , my heart racing as I got to the end.

Cole was a killer , he had gone to jail for killing and escaped from jail but killing then killed some more.

I slowly folded up the paper and put it back in the cabinet.

I turned around and came face to face with cole.

I gasped .

The look on his face was murderous "I told you not to look at that paper Haley" he whispered softly.

I gulped , my hands gripping the counter beside me.

" I - I didn't know " I stuttered.

He gripped my waist in a strong hold and pulled me roughly towards him.

"I warned you Haley , I told you I would hurt you" he said again in that soft , dangerous voice.

I tried to pull away from him but he wouldn't let go.

He threw me to the floor , my head hitting the wooden boards with a thud.

I moaned in pain and tried to get back up but he punched me in the stomach then again on the side of my cheek.

I felt a trickle of warm blood run down my face.

I rolled over and he picked me up so that I was held tight to his chest.

"Do you think life's a fairy tale now haley" he growled staring into my eyes.

I shook my head but he didn't seem to believe it as he slapped me.

He threw me against the wall and i landed with a crash below.

"Don't disobey me again angel or it will be worse"

Vote and comment

Sorry it was a short chapter