Chapter 28: Day Off

"He did what?" Jaxon's angry voice comes through my phone. I'm still sitting in the car,  I thought it would be better if I made this call alone. And by the sound of it, I made the right call.

"Look, don't say you wouldn't of done the same, if not worse. The guy said some shit about Nova,  I'm not entirely sure what it was and I didn't ask. It seemed pretty reasonable to me plus I stopped it before it got too bad." I tried to reason with him, he's being a little hypocritical here.

"That's not the point Aleja, he was reckless, you said there was a group of them, He's a good fighter but not that good. He can't get himself into fights he knows he can't win just because he's angry. What if you weren't there, or if this happened at the back of the school? It would be a completely different story and you'd probably be standing at his bedside right now. That's it! I'm coming home." His voice gets louder as the sentence goes on, his anger obviously rising by the second.

"No look, you're there for a reason and I'm here. I was there for him and that's what matters, I'll keep an eye on him or I can make him stay home until you get back. I can handle this okay, I've got him. I won't let anything happen again. You just stay there and sort out what needs to be done, the shit your doing is important." I try to assure him, there was no point in him flying all the way to the other side of the country if he just ends up coming back the next day.

He just sighs but doesn't say anything, "He'll be here in one piece when you get back I can promise you that." there's a few more seconds of silence before he finally speaks.

"Okay, but I want you to keep him out of school until I can have a word with him when I get back. If he gives you any problems call me and ill sort it." I nod my head forgetting he can't see me, before I hum in agreement.

"I'm sure we'll be fine. When are you coming back again?" I can almost sense the smirk on his face at that question.

"Why do you miss me?" He teases. I just roll my eyes.

"Shut up and just answer the damn question." I smirk.

"God princess, so bossy. I'll be back tomorrow night probably, I've had to delay a couple hours I think our meetings going to run on a bit tomorrow." He says groaning a little at the end.

"Okay, well text me when you're getting on the plane."

"Will do, I'll see you tomorrow night princess." He says in his husky voice.

"Bye Jax" with that the phone call ends. Now it's time to go give East the news. I'm not entirely sure how he'll take it, I mean I know I'd be pretty happy if I got a a day off but I'm not entirely sure how he feels about school yet. Chances are he'll just be upset that he won't be with Nova.

Sighing I finally get out of the car and make my way into the house.

I hear voices coming from the living room, so I make my way through where I find everyone spread on the couches.

Nova looks alright, a little bruising around her eye but not too noticeable. She's cuddled up with East and he looks so peaceful this now, despite what's just happened. It also seems like he's been for a shower which is good for everyone, he'd worked up quite a sweat earlier.

Anyways back to the task at hand, "East." I say catching everyone's attention. "Can I talk to you for a second." I figure it's best not to tell him what Jaxon said in front of everyone in case he isn't happy about it. That would just make things a little awkward for the others.

"Yeah, sure." He says getting up from the couch. I turn and start walking to the kitchen, just letting him follow me.

Once we get to the kitchen, I turn around to face him. "So, what did you want to talk about?" He asks, walking over to one of the bar stools.