Chapter 9: Truth

The next morning I woke up a bed that wasn't mine, with medicine and water for my nonexistent hangover. Yep I'm one of those people that don't get hangovers, it really is a blessing.

Looking around the room I realise that it must be a guest room. There's nothing personal about it. No pictures no personal items. To be honest, it looks like a fancy hotel room. Maybe I'm in a hotel.

Standing up to look out the window, to see if that would help where I was. I was greeted with the sight of trees. Nothing but trees. Well that didn't really help.

Looking down to my bare legs, I notice that I'm in nothing but a shirt and underwear. Well then.

Glancing over at my pile of clothes on the mini sofa, I remember that the last person I was with was Jaxon. Oh shit.

And then it dawns in me what I said before I passed out. Fuck. Did he hear me?

Of course he heard you otherwise you wouldn't be here, my subconscious states.

Maybe he just doesn't know where I live and I passed out so I couldn't tell him.

He's a Mafia leader Aleja. Of course he knows where you live!

Shit. This was bad.

The sound of door opening catches my attention as I whip around to face a stern looking Jaxon.

"Get dressed and come downstairs." He turns around to leave before adding,

"And don't even bother trying to leave. We've got some talking to do".

Damn.

After dressing in last nights clothes and brushing my hair and teeth with the complimentary brushes in the bathroom, I open the door and wonder how the hell im supposed to find the stairs. There's halls on both sides and I don't know where to start.

Thankfully Winter comes round the corner at that moment, spotting me. Instead of the usual smile on her lips though, she just stared at me blankly.

"Follow me" she says softly as she passes me. Doing as I'm told and not seeing any other option, I follow her through the maze of the house and down a large staircase. I spot the front door and contemplate running for it before remembering that this is a mafia house. There's guards everywhere.

Sighing I continue to follow her into room that looks like a living room. East and Damon were lazing in the couches, not paying attention to us as we sat down.

"Jax will be in soon to get you"

***

An awkward 5 minutes later and Jaxon walks through the living room doors dressed in a suit.

I didn't think suits were attractive on men. Now I do.

"Alejandra, come with me please" he didn't even wait on a response before he turned and walked out.

Hesitantly I stood up, looking at the others to see if they would help me. Not a single one even glanced in my direction. Great.

I did what he said, walking after him. Hopefully this wouldn't go to shit and I'd be walking out of here in the next few minutes. But that's a bit far fetched.

Trodding up the stairs after him, we weave through the corridors coming to another set of stairs. Ah so they had another floor as well.

We eventually made it into an office. It was very traditional looking. Everything was wooden and the floor had a large rug, keeping it warm. There was a comfy looking sofa off to the right. And books littered the walls. There was two doors on the left. One was probably a bathroom. Mafia men can be in their offices for hours upon hours.

Jaxon sat in a leather seat behind the desk, and gestures for me to sit in one of the three chairs that sat in front of him. Walking over I sat my ass down, hoping to get this over with.

"Who are you?" We're doing this straight up I see.

Deciding to humour myself for a bit, I replied back "Alejandra Barlow. You know this already"

He glared deeply into my soul, slamming his hands on the desk "Don't fucking play with me, you won't like the consequences" ok so maybe that wasn't the best idea.....

"Last night you mentioned my position. I want to know who you work for." Taking a deep breath I put on my blank face.

" I don't work for anyone" This only seemed to anger him more.

"Bullshit. I've known something was up for a while with you. The fact that you didn't think twice before walking towards a group full of men with guns on the night we met. You barely even flinched when we shot those men, you broke Richards nose with a single punch, and don't think I didn't notice the fact that you acted like your hand wasn't hurting at all. That definitely wasn't your first time doing that. Then you somehow manage to drive to the standards of a mafia heir. Put in the fact that you were even able to race me in the first place despite the fact you haven't even been here for two god damn weeks yet, and you coincidentally attend the same school as me." Wow I underestimated how much attention he actually paid to me. That was a lot.

Maybe this is the time to tell him. I could explain this big misunderstanding and try to ease him out of calling my father. Despite all this, I still don't want to go home yet.

"Ok fine, your right, I am part of something, but before I tell you just know that I had no idea who you were until last night, I didn't even know you stayed in New York for crying out loud" I tried to plead my case before I hit him with the news.

He continued staring at me with angry eyes, waiting for me to enlighten him on my identity.

Deep breaths, here goes nothing.

"My name is Alejandra Rosalia Agnes Collisimo. My father is Santiago Collisimo, the Italian Mafia Don."