Chapter 18: Mood swings

I ended up going back to Jaxon's house to help identify this guy. I'm eager to know more about him.

I'm sitting in Jaxon's office with everyone except
Aspen and Winter.
Usually if the boys were investigating someone, they would be at the mafia warehouse, but since I'm involved that obviously can't happen. There's two reasons for that, the first one is that someone might recognise me and second one being that I'm still pretty much their enemy. It hurts a bit that they don't trust me but at the same time, I wouldn't trust me either.

We immediately identified the guy as being Ian Drake. They've never had problems with him before but we're now just trying to make any connections between him and any smaller gangs. We've been at it for hours and I think we're a bit fed up. I'm sitting on the wide window bay, Jaxon is still in his large desk chair, Damon is sitting on one of the chairs across from Jaxon's desk with his feet on the other, Asher is laying on the floor and East is sprawled over the sofa half asleep next to Nova.I let out a yawn at the same time as East's stomach groans.

"Jax, I don't think this guys involved with any gangs, we would know by now if he was." Asher speaks.

Jaxon just groans throwing his head back, " I know, just call a night. We'll regroup in the morning." Everyone starts packing up to leave, except Jaxon, he's stays at his desk. When everyone's gone, I get up and walk over to him, straddling his lap. He places his hands on my thighs, securing me.

Running my hand through his hair I start speaking, "I don't know about this one. I mean his family don't seem to have any connections and nothing indicates that he's affiliated to anyone."

He studies me for a few seconds before replying, " I want to bring him to the warehouse" what? He said he wouldn't do anything if turns out that he was just a nosy kid.

"What do you mean? We agreed that you would just rough him up a bit if he wasn't a real threat." I argued firmly.

"Alejandra, let's be real here. There are gangs everywhere that would love that information and  it doesn't matter if he has proof or not. He could literally walk down a random alleyway of the city and come across a drug dealer that's connected to a gang. We don't want the information to end up in the wrong hands." He tried to reason with me.

I roll my eyes, " you can take out any gang you want Jaxon, you're a Mob boss for crying out loud." I say exasperated.

He just scoffs, "Obviously, I didn't think we were staring the obvious here. But that's not the issue, the smaller gangs are usually connected with each other when it comes to taking down a mafia. As soon as one knows, they all know. Then your father is going to find out. Not only that, but we risk being found. I'm not risking my family Aleja, that's not happening." I know he's right but at the same time, I feel bad for this guy.

"You're right but Jaxon, he's just a kid! He's 16 and he doesn't know what he's doing. Maybe you could bring him to the warehouse and scare him enough to keep his mouth closed or something. Just don't kill him, not yet anyway. " I plead with him. However this is the mafia and killing is what we do best. But we don't kill innocents and as much as I hate to say it, this kid isn't innocent. He's a threat to Jaxon's family. And if it was a middle aged man doing this, he'd already be dead. Jaxon is already giving Ian the benefit of the doubt by leaving him alive right now.

"I don't know princess, this isn't a game." He said sternly. I just sighed, he isn't going to budge for now and I'm too tired to argue.

Giving him a peck on the lips, I reach my arms around his neck and embrace him into a cuddle. My eyes begin to close and I realise how tired I am. His strong arms around me gives me all the comfort I need.