Chapter 12: Absent

So it's now Friday and I haven't seen Jaxon since Monday morning. It's not that I've been avoiding him, he just hasn't shown up to school. Usually this would've been good news, but I'm actually a little worried.

Winter and Aspen sat with me on Tuesday again since none of the others came to school, but they went back to their normal table on Wednesday when Nova and East showed up. Asher and Damon came back yesterday and I'm hoping Jaxon might turn up today. As much as he annoys me, I kind of miss seeing his face.

Since Jaxon hasn't been at school, Harris has sat at the school gates this whole week. And no, he's still not talking to me. Then again, the conversation that was supposed to sort that out, did take an unexpected turn. My cheeks heat up at the thought of our little interaction. God, I need to stop thinking about him. But I seriously will need to have another attempt at sorting things with Harris, and it's not going be easy since my stupid ass couldn't keep her mouth closed. To be honest I'm actually surprised that he's still my bodyguard after what I said. Oh well, I'll just need to keep on track when I talk to Jaxon about it again.

Sighing, I get out of my car and make my way towards yet another fun day at school. Not.

***

It's now lunch and Jaxon didn't show up to any of the classes that I have with him. Looks like he's taken yet another day off.

I can't help but wonder if something's happened to him. I mean the school years barely started and he's already taken a week off. At the same time though, this could be completely normal for him, It's not as if I would know since I've never been at the same school as him before now. He could skip school regularly and have an awful attendance rate for all I know.

Thinking about that makes me realise just how little I know about him. I'm feeling things I've never felt before for someone I know practically nothing about. And the things I do know about him should have me running in the other direction. Yet here I am, pathetically waiting for him to show his face at school. I really am a disgrace. My family would be so disappointed in me.

Having enough of my thoughts, I grabbed some lunch and headed to my table. Once I sat down, I pulled my phone out to text Ales about any street races happening. I'm hoping to go somewhere different this week, since I've already raced New York's finest. Either that or I'll just go to a party. Oh or maybe I'll go into the city. Yeah, that sounds good since I haven't been in yet. I better text Ales back again before he gets me into any races.

Me:

Nevermind, I think I might just go into the city tonight instead.

He texted me back immediately.

Ales:

The city? Why would you want to go into the city on a Friday night, There will be loads of creeps about!

I rolled my eyes at that, despite him being the least protective brother of mine, he's still pretty protective.

Me:

Ugh Ales it's fine, I'll be alright, you know better than anyone that I can happily kick someone's ass if I need to.

I giggled to myself at that. In training one time, the boys had been pissing me off more than usual so I took all of my anger out on my next sparring partner, who just happened to be Ales. I ended up breaking his nose and two ribs and he's never lived it down.

To this day, my brothers and cousins tease him about being bet up by his little sister. I mean it was quite funny afterwards.

Ales: