15|chapter 15

⭒❃.✮:▹ 𝗜𝘁 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗻𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘆𝗼𝘂 ◃:✮.❃⭒

"𝘊𝘢𝘯 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘣𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧𝘪𝘴𝘩?"

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

A loud clang commenced in the small room where Jack was imprisoned in.

Katerina wanted to look, but she refused to open her eyes when she heard the boy wince, thinking she had hit him or maybe even grazed him.

"Kat..." She heard his soothing voice and instantly shook her head, dropping the axe from her hands. "Kat, open your eyes."

The brunette shook her head once again, rubbing her face before slowly, ever so slowly, gingerly opening one eye.

It took her a moment to adjust to the light since she had them closed for so long, but the light was disregarded once she saw Jack's grinning face. Another eye opened and Katerina could see clearly now: two hands in two separate cuffs.

"Nice work, there, Paul Bunyan."

She let out a ghastly relieved sigh and looked back up at Jack who had the grin of a Cheshire Cat. "You did it. I told you you could." Katerina let out a small breathless laugh and smiled greatly at Jack, forgetting for just one moment that they were in a sinking ship, in the room in the lowest floor, where water was filling up fast.

Jack may have also forgotten, the only reason jumping off the bench and into the water was to hug Katerina, but of course, the water had another idea.

Jack leaped in, jumping at how cold the sea really was. "Shit!" He winced, his legs going up and down and up and down.

"Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!"

Katerina held in her laugh, not knowing what else to do. In the end, when Jack stopped jumping around, she raised an eyebrow and turned to Jack with her arms crossed. The blond looked up, his hands going up to hug himself after he pointed his finger to the water, muttering a small, "that is cold."

"We need to go if we don't want to get submerged." She stated, making Jack's smile fall into a serious one. "You're right. Come on," he grabbed onto Katerina's hand and etched to the door, trying his best to push it open against the water that was piling up on the other side.

The warmth that captured Katerina's hand was slowly starting to fade, and Katerina could tell that there was only a matter of time before both of them would not be able to move any further.