09|chapter 9

⭒❃.✮:▹ 𝗟𝗲𝘁 𝗺𝘆 𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝗱𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗱𝗲 ◃:✮.❃⭒

"𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰

"𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰..."

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

"I just got news that your wedding venue is all set for when we arrive in New York!" Ruth exclaimed as she waltzed into the suite, catching the eyes of Katerina, Trudy and Cal.

Cal's creased frown turned into a grin as he glanced up from the white parchment he was studying. "Did you hear that, Katerina? Just a couple of days and we'll be married."

Trudy let her hands slip from Katerina's hair as she turned to face her fiancée, smiling coyly at him. "I heard." She nodded, glancing up at Trudy who was wearing a sympathetic smile.

"Just a few more days Katerina. Aren't you excited?" Cal questioned, his eyebrows furrowing slightly as Katerina let out a soft gulp.

"Yes, truly I am. I just don't want to dwell on the moment now when it hasn't happened yet." She covered up her dull expression, watching as Ruth and Cal's faces showed a simple smile. "We have lunch in the saloon at twelve. Don't be late, Katerina." Ruth raises an eyebrow expectantly before leaving the suite to go to her own.

Cal then stood up, walking over to Katerina. "I can't wait for us to finally be together." Cal whispered, his lips brushing past her ear as a shiver went down her spine. She forced a smile on her features, looking back at him. "Me too, Cal."

He grinned, ecstatic with Katerina's answer. "I think I'm going to go and meet with Mr Andrews, have a brandy before lunch. You're free to explore until then." He kissed her lightly flushed cheeks before retreating out of the bedroom, leaving Katerina with Trudy.

"Miss..." Trudy trailed off once she heard the suite door close. "I hope I'm not intruding but...you seem happier now than you did a few days ago." She said hastily, Katerina's lips parted in shock when she heard Trudy comment on her sudden emotion change.

She quickly composed herself, clearing her throat as she turned to the vanity mirror that was in front of her. "Yes, I seem it, don't I, Trudy? Say, can you keep a secret?" Katerina inquired, glancing at Trudy who was unbraiding Katerina's hair.

Trudy nodded knowingly, slipping her fingers through Katerina's silky hair. "Oh yes miss. I won't tell a soul."

Katerina sighed, looking down at her nails. "I want to make my mother happy. She's the reason I've stopped...disappearing." Katerina admitted, rephrasing her sentence. Although Katerina knew Trudy well enough, she was still unsure whether or not she should tell Trudy about Jack, knowing her loyalties to Cal as well.