16|chapter 16

⭒❃.✮:▹ 𝗠𝘆 𝘀𝗮𝗳𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗲𝗻 ◃:✮.❃⭒

"𝘛𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘥𝘰 𝘶𝘴 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵

"𝘛𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩 𝘥𝘰 𝘶𝘴 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵."

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ-

The water was rising higher and higher and Jack, Katerina, Fabrizio and Tommy were banging their fists against a black iron gate with no plan but to get out.

"It will all get sorted back there. Please go back to the main stairwell." One of the crewmen said, trying to calm the few people that were there. Jack sighed, grabbing onto the bars and shaking them. "Open the gate." He said forcefully, his eyes firm and stern.

"Go back down the main stairwell." The crewman stated, shrugging his shoulders. "Open the gate right now." Jack shook his head challengingly. "Go back down the main stairwell like I told you!"

Katerina scoffed, running a hand through her hair. They were stuck there and time was not giving them mercy. Jack sighed, turning around to Katerina and giving her a small smile of apology before whipping back and slamming his fists onto the gate, shaking it as furiously as he could.

"Open the gate god damnit! You son of a bitch!" He screamed, making Katerina jump. She had never seen Jack so angry, so furious.

"Jack-" Katerina pleaded, placing a hand on his shoulder to try and calm him down, yet Jack was far from calm. He shrugged her off, pushing past the small crowd of people and looking around the place, his eyes stopping on a solid wooden bench in the corner.

Without hesitating, Jack ran over to the bench and instantly started tugging at it. "Fabrizio, Tommy, give me a hand!" He yelled, alerting the two men also trying to get the crewman to open the gate.

Katerina gulped dryly, wanting to help as much as she could but in this case, it just wasn't possible. Knowing that she wouldn't be strong enough to help the three men, she directed her attention to the crowd instead.

"Hey, everyone!" She yelled, but barely anyone listened. Katerina let out a heavy sigh, breathing out through her nose before shouting, "OI!"

Some of the men and women turned around, the shouts and begs stopping all to stare at the brunette that had a face full of concentration and determination. "Thank you," she muttered, looking around frantically before waving her arms about.

"Can you all please make room? Move out of the way, please?" She gestured to the edges of the walls, pushing some people gently so the passengers that were foreign would understand what she was trying to say.

"Move aside! Move aside please. I said move aside!"

The boys had managed to rip the bench out of the ground and were now holding onto it, about to bash it into the gate.