| 17 |

disclaimer: i am too disgusted from watching merluca scenes in season 15 to say something remotely funny. (sorry not sorry merluca stans)

 (sorry not sorry merluca stans)

-

"Are you planning on ever leaving?" groaned Izzie, I couldn't understand if it was because I was eating everything she was making or because I had practically shoved her out of her own room. "I want my old room back."

"Technically it's my room." I pointed a finger at her. " And you should most definitely think about switching rooms, I'm basically living here." by the look Izzie as giving me, it was clear that she did not like this idea at all.

"My sister needs me here, she doesn't have anyone to lean on anymore, I want her to go through it and move on." that was one reason of staying, the other one was having to deal with the fact that I chose Meredith over my closest friend and had to live with the consequences.

"I know Mer looks fine but trust me - I sense delusion when I see it." I lightly chuckled at that but the blonde did not want to hear much of what I was telling her.

"Listen, Izzie, I want you to find a way to cheer her up, make her have a good time, can you do that for me?" Izzie's eyes immediately lightened up. One of the reasons I love this girl is because she always wants people to be bright and shiny and she'll do everything in power to make that happen.

-

Not long in work I received a page from Derek, I knew it was going to happen at some point, he was very keen on getting me to talk, so I decided its better now than later.

"Derek what do you want - and don't tell me it's a consult, I know you could've paged any intern on your behalf." I played it off cool but deep inside it did hurt not having someone like Derek around, he was someone I respected and trusted a lot.

"I know you had to think of your sister, but Malia, I miss you, I miss us." his eyes had so much pain as he spoke, I could not help but feel sorry for him.

"I would be a liar if I say I don't feel the same way but look at what you've done to her, everybody knows about the two of you." I tried to explain. "For you that's nothing, you are a world renowned surgeon, but she's just an intern." I knew Derek understood what I meant but just didn't want to see it.

"I know, but is there any way I can make it up to either of you, I'll do anything." he pleaded with his eyes, if I continued this way he might even fall to his knees.

"I'll think about it." was all I could give him as I turned away and walked away.

With Derek out of my mind, I decided that I was going to eat my lunch with "the very old guy." I don't know how old this grandpa was but he had become a legend, a monument, you could say, at this hospital.