| 27 |

Disclaimer: I can't even control my messed up love life, and you think-...you think I own Grey's Anatomy?

you think I own Grey's Anatomy?

"You have me. until every last star in the galaxy dies. you have me."

-

"Dr. Shepherd-...Dr. Grey." I looked to my right to see that Burke had entered the OR. He was still wearing a protective cover around his middle so that meant that they still hadn't taken the bomb out.

"Dr. Burke?" greeted Derek, his voice gave away the confusion on why was the cardio surgeon here.

"How's it going?" Burke's voice was hiding something because he wasn't talking in his normal Burke way, he was talking like he was freaking out on the inside but was trying not to show it.

"He's gotta the second bleed under the skull base, if we do what the textbooks say, he can lose the power of speech herniate through the first craniotomy and die," replied Derek while I was holding a part of his brain a little wider and couldn't answer.

"What's your other option." it sounded as if Burke was trying to distract either both of us or just Derek.

"Well if I do what I want to do-...he could use the power of speech herniate through the first craniotomy and die."

"Yeah, well, good luck with that," said Burke.

"Thanks." thanked Derek.

"Is there something you want?" I finally spoke up, carefully so that not to move my hand even a little bit. Burke's face changed when I spoke. It looked like he was either going to lie to me or just distract me from whatever was he keeping.

"You know it was stupid for you two not to evacuate." Burke changed the subject.

"You too," mumbled Derek.

"Yeah, I know." agreed Burke, but he had no choice but to stay, his patient was the one with the bomb.

"You know, we should all consider a change of profession." joked Derek. If I even wanted to laugh I couldn't, seeing as I couldn't move.

"Yes, we should." Burke agreed once again.

"Can you operate and move the device from the guy?" I asked seeing as I was more eager to know what was going on with the patient that had a bomb inside of him.

Burke went quiet for a while. "After the bomb squad is through assessing him, I'm going to try," explained Burke as neatly as he could.