| 11 |

disclaimer: having a full on pinterest moment and editing this in a cafe while drinking my morning coffee. im so cute

 im so cute

"Meredith, this is a super bad idea." I told her, rolling over in her bed to notice two empty vodka bottles besides the nightstand. "It's my first day as an attending and I'm drunk and hangover at the same time." I groaned as my stomach did a flip. This is exactly why I hated drinking.

"No, we're going!" Meredith replied, her eyes darted at me. "We are going to pretend like this doesn't bother us at all, we're going to get thru this." I might me drunk but not stupid. Meredith was trying to convince herself to go more than me.

"Let's see the other side of this." I raised from the bed, now sitting on it. "We have a reason not to go, I'm a bad drunk, but I'm even worse when I'm hungover." I explained stuff that Meredith already knew. "I'm going to do something that's gonna cause my entire day or even life to fall apart, you want that to happen?"

"Yes, but I will be there to make sure no one gets hurt by you, physically and mentally." Meredith argued, hell bent on going to work today. I groaned, realising there will be no convincing her to stay in. I picked myself and started to get ready.

I was standing over the ER board, trying to fit myself somewhere when someone walked up to me. It was a new face, someone I've never seen around here, but maybe I just didn't recognize it because I was having a hangover and couldn't really see clearly.

Malia G I wrote on the board and this took an interest on the person standing next to me. "Malia Grey, huh, you're Derek's friend."

"Ex-friend." I mumbled. I needed to escape, I already felt it. If I stay there a minute longer I'm going to explode in my problems to a complete stranger.

"Ex-friend?" the woman's voice said. I closed my eyes and I could feel the words in my mouth just waiting to be said.

"Yes, we became friends after he slept with my sister, both of them got together, but that was before he failed to mention he had a secret wife nobody knew about. And I, his best friend, had to know about it from my drunk, dry-cried sister in her bathroom- oh gosh." I pulled my head in my hands as I said this is literally one breath. "And now I feel worst than Meredith, and Derek was just my friend, we weren't having a relationship, and I feel so bad about the fact that I'm probably still drunk and not able to be there for my sister in every way when she needs me the most-" I stopped. No, not again.

I looked at the woman. She had hot red hair and these stormy eyes, she was drop-dead gorgeous. "Oh no, I just-... I am so sorry, I don't usually-...it's-I am so sorry...just forget everything I just said." I tried to get out of the situation but everything just got worse when tears peeked into my eyes. I glanced at the woman who somehow wasn't looking at me weirdly or creeped out, she was looking at me with what looked like hurt and pain.