Chapter 40

Hello munchkins 😀👋. There's a very dramatic chapter ahead so get ready.

I've had like 12 people ask me about where I'm from, my age, and a bunch of other stuff so let me just say:

1. I'm 19 :) yes old, very old.
2. I'm a sophomore in college.
3. I was born in California and then when I was 9 I moved to Canada for two years before moving back to California. When I was 17 I went to Paris for an exchange year and that's how I speak decent French. Last year I was in Germany for 6 months but I left early last year in February just before the lockdown started :(.
4. I look basically full Asian 💁🏽‍♀️ but I'm half 🇮🇳🇱🇰 and half 🇨🇦
5. I started writing when I was 14/15 (which is also why my previous books are trash lol)
6. I love cats, food, soccer(football), the beach, and snow (probably why Mila's obsessed with snow LOL)

Now that that's out of the way, on to the chapter!

Happy reading my loves 🥰

Mila's POV

Two weeks of pure bliss were now over.

Time to head back to the studio.

"Ughhhh, I hate the first day back. Why do we have to get up so early," Lena groaned as we entered the studio.

It was supposed our first day back but we both decided to take the evening class because everyone "accidentally" slept in.

"Adam's gonna be mad tomorrow," I sighed, taking off my jacket.

It was dark outside and the forecast predicted the last round of heavy sleet before the weather settled for the next few weeks. Then it would begin to warm as mid February approached.

"So, how's it going with Ajax?" Lena asked as we started to stretch.

"Meh," I shrugged.

"So... have you two you know," she wiggled her eyebrows and my eyeballs almost fell out.

"What?"

"You know what."

"If you're asking me if he's parked his Mack truck right in this little garage, the answer is no."

"Not yet that is," she pointed out, laughing at how I phrased my response.

"I'll see you later," I waved to Lena as she headed to her last week of ballet classes.

It would be an understatement to say she was glad it was her last week.

I had the whole studio to myself, no one used it in the evening.

I had a few ideas for a basic choreography for our first international performance.

This too would have 3 rounds, and if we made it to the final, we would be competing for the title of best in the world.

I vaguely remember Carson saying that the judges preferred the explosive performances over technique. He was always analytical when it came to choreographies. Why work harder on one skill that the judges don't care for, when you could excel at another.

I was there for about an hour before I started getting frustrated. We needed lifts and I didn't have enough experience to just make them up. We had to have unique moves so I decided to call Ajax.

"Hey," I greeted after he picked up.

"Hey, what's up?" he asked.

"Could you come down to the studio, please? I really need help with the choreo."