○Chapter 2○ POV Christophe

POV Christophe

  I had been working in Duke Melburn's estate since I was 18. Everyone worked normally and nothing changed as much as it did when Young Master Noah had came to the estate.

  By then, I was 21 and I was assigned to look after him. When I first met him, the only thing I could see was hollow eyes. With such a cute appearance yet his eyes spoke differently. 'What had this young child gone through to have such dim, sad eyes.' I thought pitifully.

  Everyday was silent in the hallways near the Young Master's bedroom. He had never step outside once and just stayed motionless in his room, just staring out the window yearning for something.

   Any kids at his age would be cheerful and curious of their surroundings, but Young Master was different. It's as if nothing had ever made his eyes grow with life.

  I tried to convince Young Master if he would like to take a walk outside on multiple occasions. But the only words that came out of his mouth everytime was a simple no. Even Young Master's voice sounded like death had held me by the throat.

  Rumors spread fast in the maid's quarters of what happened to Young Master. Not only did he watch the death of his mother, but was forced to live where his mother's rapist/murderer is.

  I never felt such sadness for Young Master that I had shed tears for him. I had shed tears for Young Master when he couldn't cry anymore.

  There were only 2 other maids assigned to Young Master alongside me. We all felt sad for Young Master and would usher him into some interests.

  We had gave him some books to see if we could spark something. The next day he had asked for more books.

  This was an improvement! Me and the 2 maids were happy and cheered for Young Master.

  After some time went by, he had asked to have a walk outside. I could not help, but had sparkles in my eyes. 'Young master asked to go outside!' My heart cheered.
"As you wish, Young Master!" I said with excitement.

  As we walked around outside, we had made it to the garden where many beautiful flowered bloomed. I then saw the young master look at a certain flower called Hydrangeas.

  "I wish I could give my mother this" Young master mumbled with a sad expression.

  'Young master...' was all I could think of. Being in a beautiful place isn't as beautiful when you are pained.

  After some more walking, we had entered the mansion and ascended the stairs when we both heard some yelling.

  "WHAT IS THIS VILE THING IN MY LINE OF SIGHT?!" That voice ringed in our ears, we both looked up to see Lady Vivian.

  'Not again' I thought with disgust. Why must you be so despicable to the Young Master? The only vile thing is what I am staring at right now.

  "HOW DARE YOU STEP IN THE MAIN HOUSE! You do nothing, but dirty the mansion with your touch!" Lady Vivian shouted, enough to get the nearby maids' attention.

  "You are nothing, but an impure blooded creature." Lady Vivian had said with arrogance.

  The master only stayed silent, there was no fear in his eyes. I, on the other hand, couldn't be more angry in my life!

  "LADY VIVI-" I said before being cut off with the wave of Young Master's hand.

  "Just walk" he said with a cold tongue. Even Lady Vivian felt shivers.

  We begin to ascend the stairs again.

  "You dare ignore me you filth?!" Lady Vivian shouted and the next thing I knew, Young Master was pushed by her.

  I tried to reach out to catch Young Master but it was too late. He had fallen at least 6 ft of stairs, his head was bleeding profusely.

  "Young Master!" Was the only thing I could say as I rushed down the stairs in a terrified panic. "Someone get the med kit, please!" Was all I could shout.

  "Don't worry young master! You will be ok! So please stay with me!" I said trying to reassure myself as a maid rushes to me with the medical kit.

  I stopped the bleeding and placed the bandages on Young Master's head.

  I then carried Young Master to his room and let him rest.

  I couldn't do anything, but constantly come in and out of Young Master's room to see if he had woken up. I had entered and exited so much that I would start to ask before entering to see if he had awaken.

  The next thing I knew was that 2 days had passed.

  "Young Master, are you awake yet?" The question I had been asking for the passed 2 days.

  "C-come in" I heard. Astonished and suprised I flung the door up to see young master sitting up.

  Overwhelmed with emotions I said, "Young master, I'm glad you're ok!" I was so delighted to see him awake.

  I then noticed his eyes, they were strangely full of life now. Young master looked different as if something had changed, he looked his age for once.

  "Um.. what do you mean I'm ok? Did something happen?" Young Master spoke. He spoke differently as well, what happened. I pondered and almost forgot to answer his question.

  "Oh dear, I'm sorry for my lack of awareness, young master." I said panicked. 'So unprofessional of me! This is unacceptable!' I shouted at myself internally.

  "Young master was pushed down the stairs by Lady Vivian about 2 days ago, young master had been unconscious for those 2 days" I said trying my best to explain without showing my emotions of what happened.

  "Um- I dont remember anything...where am i?"  Young master said as he showed a bit of panic and confusion. Young Master proceeded to say, "I dont remember my name or anything.."

  I was stunned, not knowing what to process in my mind. I asked, "Y-Young Master does not remember anything?" I couldn't believe it, not once after he said that I just couldn't.

  "No... I don't.. I don't remember you either" , young master had said with confusion. I could only be crushed by those words.

  "Young master, I am your assigned butler. My name is Christophe Beckett and I have been serving young master from when young master had came to this estate about 4 years now." I said trying to hide my emotions by bowing.

  "P-please release your head! There's no need of that, it's my fault for losing my memories!" He said with distress. Young Master had never shown such emotions before, if what he said was true then... he might really have lost his memories.

  "But-" I said as I raised my head after calming down. "Aside that, what is my name?" Young master said to cut me off.

  "Young master's name is Noah Melburn" I said, maybe young master would remember. But as I looked up to see him deep in thought, 'seems like he doesn't remember..' I thought as I felt dejected.

  "Can I borrow a mirror?" Young Master had asked as if to try and confirm something. I was startled and rushed to get the mirror from the dresser closet and handed it to Young Master.

  Young master then proceeds to look at himself with amazement and then distressed. So much emotions he had never shown me before.

  I saw him panic for some reason and made myself panic as well. I frantically asked him, "What's wrong, Young Master?!".

  He then controlled his emotions and calmly asked me to leave, I excused myself as he wished, but  only left me stunned and confused.

  Of course someone who would lost their memories would react like that. But this seems to good to be true! He would be able to forget his past and live normally. With that thought I was happier with my conclusion.

  'Young Master, must be hungry. I'll go prepare something for him before coming back to check on him!' I thought as I strolled down the halls with a feeling that things will finally change from here on out.

  Young Master can finally be happy now.