○Chapter 4○ Nightmare

Darkness was where I laid, I couldn't open my eyes. I couldn't move a muscle.

     "Rose" a voice had faintly whispered somewhere near me.

     It was then I could turn my body to the direction of the voice.

    "Rose, where are you?" The voice spoke again in a distress.

    There stood a woman with familiar features; brown short hair, brown eyes and a petite structure.

     "M-mom?" I mumbled trying to hold back tears.

     "Come here sweetie" she said with a calm smile. The next thing I knew my legs moved on there own, clumsily yet fast.

      "Mom!" I cried as I pull her into an embrace. "I missed you so much!" I felt a speck of warmth in my body as I kept hugging.

      "I missed you too sweetie.." She says as she hugged me back

      She then took ahold of my face and said "Is that what you think I'll say? let me remind you what you are, a SLUT. You are nothing but a disappointment to me, having you was the worse thing that happened in my life!"

       My heart just dropped, "M-mom." I could only tremble upon those words.

       "W-why would you say that?" I felt as overwhelmed by the thought of what mom had said, nothing but a bitter taste had left my mouth.

      "What? You think what I said was wrong?! You think you could corrupt my boyfriend with your-your body!" She shouted at me with a smirk, "As I said, you are nothing but a Slut".

     "N-No! You're wrong! He was the one that forced himself on me! He said that if I told you then we would fall more deep into debt!" I shouted at those remarks, why did it have to be me? I only wanted you to be happy.

     "Like I would believe you! You are better off dead like how you are now. If you weren't born, your father would have still loved me!" She shouted and began to weep.

      "M-mom.." I didn't know what to do, I felt my soul and heart cracking at each word she says.

       "You are the poison in my life. To think that you were birthed from me!" She cried like a psycho and even laugh in between each and every line.

       "You dare still like men from what you did?! I know it, you are always a slut."

        Then more clones of my mom surrounded me yelling profanities.

       "S-stop it. Mom, I'm sorry. I-I'm sorry!" I could only crouch and hold my head crying.

       A pair of arms came at me and proceeded to violently push me down.

       My eyes flew open to see it was my mom's boyfriend on top of me

        "G-get off!!" I shouted while struggling in his grasp.

        "Don't lie, I know you like this." He said with a smirk as he started to undo my clothes

         "S-STOP IT! No, I don't want this. Stop it!!" I couldn't move. I felt paralyzed to the ground

Someone help me, please!

          "STOP IT!" I shouted out loud. I woke up to a deep sweat and panting all over.

      'It was a dream?' I scanned the room to see it was still nighttime as the moonlight touched my face.

       I guess I can't really escape from my past. They would always come back in my dreams.

      'F*ck, why did it have to follow me to this life?!' I thought as I started to feel a wet sensation fall rapidly down my face.

      I couldn't do anything, I had no one to talk to. I had no one in this or the past world. I wondered the world helplessly trying to find happiness for me to only come back to the beginning.

       I curled into a ball on the bed trying to die down the endless amounts of tears. No one would hear me being drowned in my own tears, no one would even notice.

        It's not fun having to smile everyday just to act "normal" for display. I'm used to it, but I couldn't hide it forever just enough so that I can release when I'm alone.

       "I wish Mia was here..." was I could say in between my cries. A never ending waterfall until dawn.

        Mia, my best friend since elementary. We are always be each others side when we couldn't handle our baggage.

          Most of that baggage were mine, yet she would always look out for me and not judge me.

         She understand my issues and would never hurt me. Mia had done so much, but I couldn't say goodbye to her.

         I miss she dearly, she was my source of peace in that hurtful world we called Earth.

         Mia was a chaotic and energetic type, always bouncy and sly with her personality. She had many talents such as black belt in karate, elite dancer, sociable, athletic, and more.

         But she couldn't bake or cook, even if her life depended on it. She always loved my baking and cooking when I go to her apartment. Then I somehow became her usual food delivery driver because she kept eating take-out food.

Yet she still meant a lot to me.

         She was the first to show me what family love could have been like, she accepted me.
She would beat up people that tried to bully me.

         "Ha..ha" I laughed a bit through the tears remembering her kicked one of the guys in the balls and then head butting the other guy when they tripped me.

          'If you are around me, I'll protect you!" Mia says that everytime she defeats those bullies.

          As I kept on remembering her through my life, I calmed down bit by bit.

          I was finally able to stop that emotional breakdown after a while.

          "You really saved me again, Mia" I could only say as I stared through the bedside window to see the glimmer of the moon.

          "I hope you are doing well on Earth, sorry I died." I said as if i was speaking to a person. "You really saved me a lot, if not for you I would have been gone sooner" I closed my eyes to feel the moonlight touch my skin.

          "I didn't get to say thank you and I'm sorry." I said with a small laugh as I shed one last tear.

"This would be our last goodbye, right?"

          Nothing can replace my memories of you. Nothing would.

          A warm sensation pressed on my cheek as if reassuring me that I'm ok. It felt as if something lifted the weight off my chest.

          I begin to feel sleepy again as a sweet mellow lullaby manifested in the room.

          I laid down and slowly drifted into the abbess,

          "Thank.. you..." I mumbled to nothingness in the room as I soon succumb to the deep sleep.

          "Sweet dreams, little one." as a warm yet transparent hand patted my head slowly and casting some spell

         "It will help you with your pain for a while." A voice so faint yet feminine spoke only when knowing the little man had fallen asleep.

          "I best be going now" again faintly before disappearing into thin air.