•Chapter Twenty Seven• Nothing good seems to last forever.

Kimberly's Pov -

"And who the hell are you?" My mother craned her neck to look over my shoulder.

"Mom" I widened my eyes at her, turning around to see Luca stood only meters away from me with his hands in his pockets.

"Go back inside Luca, it's okay-"

"Hold on, I know you" Rebecca cut my words off, my head snapping back in her direction.

"You're the guy who rudely interrupted myself and Kimberly dancing a while back" She looked deep in thought, her arms folding over her chest. "Yes, it's definitely you"

"We are going past the point" I spoke, gaining both my mothers and Rebecca's attention.

"No, we're not" Luca interrupted, earning nothing but a shake of the head from me.

He was stood beside me now, his delicious cologne taking over my senses. "This is not the way I planned on introducing myself to you, Miss Folin" He continued.

I couldn't help but gaze at both my mom and Rebecca, there faces scrunched up with confusion, eagerly waiting for what Luca has to say next.

"I'm very fond of your daughter...she's shown me things, taught me things about who I really am as a person. Her soul is so pure, I don't even deserve to be around it" My heart pounded against my ribcage at his words, my eyes scanning his side profile.

"You see, I own a very important business and I was looking for a qualified doctor to work for me"

A deep breath left my mouth, my panic beginning to settle down when I realised he wasn't going to tell the true reason as to why I was gone.

"That doesn't explain the lies" My mother cut in.

"You see Miss Folin, my business is not to ever be spoken off...the lies where down to me, not Kimberly—I had to protect my company, everything stays confidential"

"What a sick lie to come up with" Rebecca turned her nose up, I opened my mouth to speak but Luca got to it first.

"Sí, I realise that now" I was surprised when his hand quickly gripped mine, giving it a small squeeze, I didn't miss my moms dark eyes snatching towards our intwined fingers.

"If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to speak to my daughter alone please"

"Of course" Luca let his hand slip from mine, I half smiled at him and Rebecca before following my mother's soft footsteps.

We stopped at the end of the back yard, the moon glowing on our faces as we sat down on Amy's wooden bench. "My mother instinct is telling me there is much more between you and that man"

I looked down at my hands, fiddling with the gold ring on my small finger while nodding my head.

A breath left her lips, "Well, are you happy?"

Her words surprised me, my eyes landing on hers. "Mom, I don't think I've ever been this happy in my entire life"

She smiled, her hands gripping mine. "Then, you two get out of here...the last thing we need is Rebecca staring daggers at him like the way she is now"

I chuckled, looking over at both Luca and Rebecca.

"But" She spoke, gaining my attention once again.

"Please don't ever feel like you have to lie to me again, I love you no matter what"

My heart ached knowing she still didn't know the real full truth. But sometimes, we have to protect the ones with love...even if it hurts us.

"I love you too, mom. So much"

-

"I can't believe you interrupted us like that" I dropped my purse down in my apartment, listening to Luca clicking the door shut.

He scoffed, "And what exactly where you going to say to them?" He asked.

I turned to face him, "I don't know, I would of came up with something! You scared the life out of me...if my mom was to know the real truth-"

"What, she'd lock you away and I'd never see you again?" He smirked, walking closer to me.

"Now is not the time for jokes" I rolled my eyes, holding back a laugh.

"Mhm" He let his hands slowly slide down to my waist, "I agree, is it time for you to take me up on that offer I mentioned earlier?" He asked, his lips beginning to pepper kisses along my jawline.

"Maybe" I bit my lip, loving how confused he looked when he lifted his head back up—his emerald eyes staring into mine.

He smirked before roughly claiming my lips, his fingers digging into my hips as he pushed me backwards—my back hitting the kitchen counter. He kissed me with so much power, his hands gripping underneath my thighs and lifting me onto the counter. A breathy laugh left my lips as I pulled away, placing my hand on his chest.

"Excuse me, I said maybe" I shook my head at him.

He just smiled, his gaze flickering from my eyes to my lips—until I couldn't handle it anymore. I gripped his shirt, pulling him into me again.

Our lips had just got into the perfect rhythm when Luca's phone rung out, he ignored it the first time and instead helped me pull of his shirt, his tongue continuing to tangle with mine...

But then, it rung again.

And again.

"You should probably see who it is" I whispered against our touching lips, he only shook his head.

But the sound of it constantly ringing must of grown annoying to him, a frustrated groan leaving his mouth as he slightly leaned back from me—his hand reaching into his pocket and pulling it out, the caller ID read Gino.

I was surprised when he put it on speaker, placing the phone on the desk—his hands running along my bare thighs as he spoke.

"What is it Gino, I'm busy right now" He pecked my lips as I tried to hold back a giggle, I felt like a little rebellious school girl whenever I was around him.

And I kinda loved that.

"I'm sorry Boss, but we need you at the safe house as soon as possible...we have Rocco—we did a background check on him and it's coming up with the full name, Rocco Wrenn"

He pulled back instantly, "I'm on my way" Luca harshly replied before ending the call, I watched with confusion as he pulled his shirt on.

"I'm sorry amore, I will call you-"

"Wait" I stopped him, his head turning to face me as his hand yanked open my door.

"Rocco Wrenn?" I shook my head, hopping off of the counter before I spoke up again.

"Why on earth do you have my father?..."

•••
Ohh guys, drama has surely hit the pan!

•••Ohh guys, drama has surely hit the pan!