1: black lynx

She was a human once.

A newborn, then a kid.

She grew with a loving family with friends surrounding her, the norm.

She's still a human now. But none of the characteristics of a human really fit her.

At eight years old, filled with rage after she lost a multiplayer game on a little tablet, she learned how to hack people through a screen. Little pixels and breaking the rules, what a fun game. Funner and more exiting than actually playing the multiplayer game, she toyed with other people screens.

She kept it a secret of course. Her parents would kill her if they found out their daughter had sinned and broke the rules of society. At eight years old, she knew how to "break some rules" and keep it a secret from her very religious family.

Ten years old, she now knew how to spy on everyone's screen. It was more fun to watch other people than to lead a normal kids life. Spent her nights with her eyes wide open, the thrill to play with some codes and little tricks on a screen was far more interesting than to sleep a 12 hour night like other kids her age.

Breaking up a PC and putting the pieces back together was like a fun little puzzle to her. Her parents never knew. Naive they were as they sat in their little breakfast table appreciating as their little angel was interested in "informatics".

But one day everything changed. The girl went outside. Not that she never went outside before but she met someone that resembled her.

You see, that day, her parents forced her to go to the park, with her little brother. It wasn't very different from their everyday visit to the park but this day, she met a girl.

There were some woods behind the park and she liked to wonder off while her little brother was playing like a normal kid.

Marching through the leaves brown and orange, she didn't make a sound. She was surprisingly light on her feet.

What would someone else do in these woods alone? Nobody goes there alone. Especially not a little girl. These woods are creepy for a normal child.

She hid behind a tree but it was too late. The other girl had already seen her.

"You're good at sneaking up on people ya know"

She didn't a flinch a bit behind that tree. She didn't like when other people talked to her. She didn't plan on the other girl to smell her presence.

Maybe that's what made her interesting. She wasn't normal like her she thought. She felt her presence right away. She's good.

Returning a bit from the back of the tree she decided to talk to the other. Just to be polite.

"What's your name."

"I don't like names."

She really thought that this girl was weird. She's difficult to get through also. The thought of just leaving and ending this conversation was really inviting but she decided to go along.

"...so what shall I call you?"

"Call me the Black Lynx!"

So childish. Yep, that pretty much confirmed it, this little girl wasn't who the other thought she would be. She's a normal ten year old child. What did she expect? To her to be a sociopath like the other?

"That nickname is weird. Why are you a lynx?"

"Because I have the eyes and brain of one. I know everything that I need to know from the moment I see someone."

"You're just over praising yourself."

"No. I've seen other people. They're not like me."

"That is really interesting. I will go now."

She decided to make this acquaintance short and leave now. This girl was getting personal and friendly. She thought this was her cue.

"Wait you didn't tell me your nickname."

She must've been joking. Normal kids give each-other nicknames. Not this one.

"I don't have any. I'm not weird like you. I have a normal name and normal habitudes. I don't get personal with strangers too."

"That's called making friends."

Black Lynx was really getting on her nerves. She hated kids who talked to her. She decided to stalk this so called Black Lynx tonight and hack her family's PC or something just to make her pay for talking to her. Black Lynx didn't know about her ability to understand electronic screens. The thought actually relieved her. She wasn't a normal child and that was enough to thrill her.

"I'll call you Shadow"

"Uh? Why Shadow? That's weird and freaky."

When she thought of it, weird and freaky actually described her pretty well. She forgot extremely intelligent though.

"I'm a Lynx, I recognize every step or every person. No one can scare me. But you almost did. You move like a shadow and you hide behind trees like you're a part of it."

"Shadow is okay I guess."

Black Lynx was maybe just a child with a big imagination, but she had the ability and weirdness to catch her attention, Shadows attention.

"Well then, now that we both know our nicknames, we're best friends now."

"Wait I didn't agree to that-"

"C'mon Shadow! I'll show you my stash!"

The Lynx grabbed her arm before she could say anything. Bringing her through the woods, deeper and deeper.

"Hey Shadow," the Black Lynx said, still running through the leaves. "I know about you."

"Uh? What do you mean you know about me?"

What did she know? She's just a child she couldn't possibly know about the illegal hacking she's done in the middle of the nights.

"You're pretty good with computers right?"

Shadow stopped. For some long time now, she never felt this uneasy feeling. She, for the first time in years, felt scared. How could she know that? The secret was so well kept for two years now. She was litteraly a master at secrecy.

"PFFT HAHAHA" Black Lynx found life as a stupid game too.

"Don't worry Shadow, I'll keep it a secret. We're best friends now, you must know my secret too."

Shadow felt moved by this newly built friendship. She needed to know more about this Black Lynx. She could find all the information she needs in a millisecond on her little screen, but this Lynx wasn't ordinary. She wanted to follow her.

"Tadaaa" Black Lynx was on a little platform a few inches from the ground and standing proudly as if the forest was her kingdom.

"I'm disappointed. I thought it would be more than this."

"You're so naive Shadow. THIS is my real treasure." She held up a wooden box, it was large and it stank, really badly.

Shadow was beginning to find this Black Lynx weird. Why would she stash a bunch of food here. Maybe she was just dumb and didn't know that food actually mold she thought. It stank really bad.

"Don't be scared Shadow. You can come see."

For the sake of their friendship, she decided to take a look at this rotten food just to please the other.

"They're already dead. There's nothing to worry about." Said Black Lynx, with a smile.

Dead animals. Dead animals in a wooden box. This ten year old girl killed small animals, for fun.

Bones, teeth and rotten flesh was lying in the box. Lots and lots.

"When you told me you were a Lynx, I didn't believe you."

This friendship was just starting to be a bit more interesting