8: vroom boom

"GO FASTER!"

"SHADOW FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME, IM RIGHT NEXT TO YOU WOULD YOU STOP SHOUTING?!"

It would be a lie to say that the two friends weren't struggling with panic, military chasing them.

"BeSiDeS, I can't go faster this iS a GOD DAMN TRUCK THAT A MYSTERIOUS SOMEONE DAMAGED THE WHEELS"

"Well I am SORRY MADAM IF ANYTHING'S NOT ACCORDING TO PLAN!!! Would you like to maybe REWIND AND TRY AGAIN?"

"..."

"Shadow, we gotta change cars."

"..."

"I agree but nows definitely NOT the time."

Military trucks were a few blocks away. By taking a police truck, their location was distributed to every police station in the region and also the military who were chasing them.

Only a pair of teenagers on the run, not knowing how to drive whatsoever, in a police truck.

They could change transport only if the military truck that was behind them would be taken down. But at this moment, it was too far away for the girls to do anything but too close for them to stop or even slow down. Now that they've escaped the claws of the military AND police, they're faces would be sure wanted everywhere.

"Wanna jump?"

"Are you crazy Lynx? We're gonna get killed if not by jumping out, the soldiers will take us out in a second we aren't humans anymore in their eyes-"

"Stop with your babbling Shadow when will you ever take risks?"

"Oh I'm sorry miss I-do-this-shit-everyday, maybe it's because the plan has gone to total shit right now! And if I was in my office, I would surely think of a better plan WHILE staying safe and also I could've taken down that military truck easily if I had the right equipment right now."

"WELL LOOK AT YOU! Taking place in the shoes that will never fit you because you're too PUSSY to let 'plans' go and just follow your intuition."

The situation was getting tense but never the two girls thought of leaving each other. Quarrels were part of the mental plan Shadow took as she knew if anything would go wrong, they will probably fight or yell at each-other but that didn't change their over-the-top intelligence and logic to actually focus on the present moment.

They each tried to think of a better plan by themselves but working together was always the optimal option. Black Lynx was emotioned and maybe even overwhelmed by the bravery and courage her partner took as risking her place in her office and actually coming to proceed on the field, by her side. Shadow was quite esxtatic at first but everything turned to panic and frustration at herself for not staying calm at the first change of plan. She wasn't in her comfort zone like usual and the outside world scared her more than usual.

The driving of the Black Lynx was astronomically bad and the sirens kept getting louder and they seemed to be sirens everywhere, surrounding the area of the truck. Thank god they had a police truck that was bullet repellent. The Lynx kept turning on little roads to help them get time but the turns just made the course slower and she kept accelerating right after.

Two fifteen year olds fleeing away from the government; that was the reality. But the thing is, right when they decided to go after the polices control, their faces weren't considered humans anymore. Their faces and flesh were now purposed to be killed and to suffer. Only fifteen year olds. Basically kids that were chased by the military. Of course there were Nocturne, Baby and Blink but their part is for another time.

They had bones and flesh, if it is your definition of a human, but if the right definition of a human is to have empathy, emotions, kindness and dependance of others, then Black Lynx and Shadow weren't humans anymore, in the eyes of the people.

In a matter of minutes, their faces along the three other fugitives were on every police station. The truck was located and a lot of police cars were after them.

"Okay I've got something but there's no time to explain" said Shadow as she dove into the back area of the truck.

"I hope this isn't your last words bitch, you'll be disappointed haha" even if they were still considered children, something reminded them they were also psychotic killers with no emotion. They did everything they could to survive just like everyone else, but the pleasure they took in that action wasn't normal at all.

Some anti-bullet gear was in the back of the police truck and Shadow took a vest. She then opened the two doors of the back of the truck, but hiding beside one so the soldiers won't fire now.

"When I tell you, stop the truck completely. You gotta trust me on this one."

Black Lynx had no other choice than to do so. The situation kept getting more dangerous as time passed. More police cars were after them, but still far just so they can hear the distance of the sirens.

"NOW"

Wheels suddenly stopping, forcing Shadow to jump out and attach herself to the front of the military truck right in front of her. Startling the driver and passenger that got a teenage girl blocking their view all of a sudden.

"Well hello there" Shadow pulled a sensual ironic smile that could even creep out a monster. She then took out a timer miniature bomb from her pocket, slightly difficulty. Placing it on the front windscreen and then hopping off the truck, rolling on the asphalt, scraping her knees and arms. She then cautiously rolled behind a car as the military in the truck blasted their shotguns everywhere in her direction.

Shouts coming from the truck, transporting a dozen of soldiers that had no time to escape. A faint beeping sound became more and more obvious up to a major boom that shook the houses on the suburban street.

Quite a show for the stay at home moms preparing their kids lunches with lunchables.

The big military truck caught on fire in seconds and dark smokes got up the air. Well, the anti-bullet vest Shadow took wasn't really necessary. It just slowed her down a bit.

Getting out of the police truck, Black Lynx shouted at Shadow to find the most 'un-suspicious' car. Luckily for them, they were in the American white suburbs. Nobody can beat their normal-shitty-ass cars. They needed to move fast, like always, to flee from the upcoming police cars and maybe military also.

A red bumblebee was in the driveway of what seemed to be a house unoccupied. The two girls got in the car easily and flew away from the scene like nothing happened.

The early birds that were up in the houses were (not surprisingly) shook at the flaming military truck in their front lawn.

In a southern accent, these stay at homes moms that suddenly found their life interesting babbled "sweetie pie,...I think you should call the police."

"Honey, THATS the police."