Chapter 42: Crash

Katherine Wright

We are in September now. School started a week ago. Things were running smooth except for my insanely increasing popularity at school. The little things we did for people before my birthday were kept private so no photography was involved. But somehow a lot of articles about it spread like wildfire in London. Now I was know as the 'kindhearted Wright Princess.' I cringe so hard everytime I listen to it. Paparazzi went crazy. Alex had to triple my security. I was very upset about it. But then I just imagined that people got really motivated from it and now they also do these things for people. Yeah that's what I like to think.

Within no time I was made student representative of my grade. And the Cheerleading captain. And the head of the law advance class at school. I didn't enjoy it much and got real busy. But I decided to fulfill the responsibilities I was given as a mature person. Some people weren't really happy about all of this. If you know what I mean. Bit I never misused my image. I was just the same girl as last year only with a bunch of few responsibilities.

I knew the boy population of our school were 'intrested' in me but everyone knew I was off limits. My brothers did a pretty good job at that. And I couldn't thank them less. I mean there was some flirting but I would always turn it down quickly. So life is pretty good.

Alicia visited more often. We had so much fun. Alicia, Anna, Candice and I often had girl time. Even though I was 10 years younger than her she never made me feel out of place. My brothers loved her too. She was that motherly figure who gave my brothers girlfriend talks and dating advice. And me the required break from all that testosterone. She was the motherly figure who I needed the most. She always ended a phone call with love you sweetheart or see you soon baby. And most importantly she kept Alex happy. Alex always wanted a life partner who loved his siblings as much as he did and alicia was that. Alex gave up so much so that all of us could have a stress free and luxurious life style. He needed someone like her. We are just waiting for him to propose her for marriage. But they were taking their time. Anna and Hayden on the other hand were taking things lightly. Hayden knows that Anna is the women for him. But somehow he wants Alex to get married first. Give him some time off for starting his new family and then get married. I was proud of how our family cared so much for each other. We always thought about each other.

As I said life couldn't be anymore better.

I was having lunch at school with my friends when my phone rang. It was Alex.

"Hey."

"Katherine where are you now?" Full name. Am I in trouble?

"I'm at lunch in school. What's wrong?"

"Come home with Sawyer right now." I stood up from my place and my features visibly tensed.

"I still have 4 classes."

"I called the school. Come home."

"You are scaring me Alex. Is everyone okay?"

"For fucks sake Kat get home right now." And the line went off.

"Hey what's wrong girl?" Ness asked.

"I dont know. Alex is mad. He is swearing. Something is wrong I gotta go. Bye." I said while wrapping up my lunch and grabbing my bag.

"Yeah take care."

"I'll call you."

"Bye hun." I heard my friends say. Without wasting another second I made my way to the front gate. There were 3 identical black XUVs waiting for me. Sawyer quickly lead me to the one in the middle. And he went to the first one. The car had 2 bodyguards in the front seats.