Chapter 14: Breakfast and Bicycle

Katherine Wright

We were all sitting and having dinner. Well I was playing with it.

"Kat. Dont play with your food try to have some baby." Alex said drawing everyone's attention.

"I'm just full. I cant have anymore."

"Just 6 bites. One for each one of us."

"No that's too much. I'll have 2 bites."

"5"

"Dont push it!"

"4"

"3. That's my last."

"Okay fine. But tomorrow we are going to the dietitian and then you'll have to follow everything he says."

"Ugh. Fine."

We had dinner in peace. It was an emotionally exhausting day for everyone. We said our good nights and retired to our rooms. I was sitting on my favorite spot near the window thinking about today's events. Is it possible for me to get love? Do they love me? What was gonna happen now? What's in store for me?

Suddenly a hand on my shoulder startled me making me jump on my place. I turned around to see Alex holding a mug.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you. I knocked bit you didn't respond."

"Yeah I was just a little...lost in thought. Sorry."

He holded out the mug for me. I gave him a questioning look.

"Here. Have this. It's hot chocolate. You'll love it."

"What's the white on the top?"

"Oh these are smores. Melted marshmallows. Try it. I made it myself."

I tried it and boy it was the most amazing thing I have ever tasted since my arrival on earth. I couldn't help but moan to which Alex chuckled.

"I'm not even sorry that I moaned. This is soo good. The best thing I tasted. Thank you so much."

"I knew you'd like it." We sat in silence for a while.

"Alex." I called out to which he hummed.

"What now? Do you think I need help?"

"I do feel that way."

"Me too."

"But let's not rush into things. We will take it slow. One step at a time. Let's get tomorrow's appointment sorted out first."

"I uh I wanted to tell you something."

"You don't have to ask."

"Alex. I told you how my life has been. I haven't had much good things happen to me. I just wanted to tell you that this. This family was the best thing that ever happened to me. I'm closed off and I'm afraid to trust. But telling you all about me was me showing trust to all of you. For first time in my life I wanted to trust someone. And I may have not said this but I love you all. I love you with all my heart. Thank you for being a part of my life."

Alex just pulled me in a sideway hug and kissed my hair. His simple action told me that he was happy with me too. I couldn't finish all of the hot chocolate and luckily Alex didn't push it.

Then I went to bed. Alex pulled the blanket over me and said good night. He tucked me to bed for the first time. That night I had a peaceful sleep after ages.

Next morning I took a shower and went downstairs at around 7:30 AM. The first person I saw in the morning was Silas. I expected some rude comment from him but instead he hugged me good morning and kissed my hair.