8

the rest of the holiday felt slightly tense. i completely fell quiet as a result of mine and simon's dirty little secret, and i no longer knew how to act. i found myself getting wasted everyday and night, forgetting how to even walk and spell my own name. getting over the raging hangover by drinking again, all trying to forget about simon, his constant stares burning straight into me, the flirting behind closed doors.

"tell you what, i'm excited for my own bed." ethan glances to me as i rest into the airplane seat with my earphones in.

"me too." i sigh, still feeling rough from our last night in ibiza.

"you were so funny last night." harry softly chuckles, leaning around ethan to look at me. "can't believe we had to carry you back to the villa and put you to bed."

"mate," cal leans over behind harry, cackling, "eden you're actually jokes, i appreciated the love though."

"you kept saying how much you love us all," ethan laughs, "but then you kept saying apart from simon he's not nice."

"simon was so pissed." lux grins behind me, causing me to spin round and my cheeks burning red as his eyes follow to simon, clearly attempting to ignore us.

"oh god." i throw my head into my hands, an overwhelming feeling of embarrassment taking over me.

"taking you back to the villa was the worst, we tried walking you but you landed on your bum so many times so we took it in turns to carry you." harry smirks.

"that's why my bum and back hurt so much," it almost felt like a light bulb moment, a really humiliating one, "stop, stop!" i yell, shaking my head. glancing over to simon directly across from me, he sits chatting to jj and my mind begins to wander. maybe this was just a holiday thing? we can go back to the feelings of hostility, distaste and resent. because the sexual attraction burning inside of me right now is killing me, why couldn't this be anyone else?

as we land, i slowly wake up from my very short lived nap, attempting to make myself feel better. the energy and atmosphere on the landing home completely contrasted with the flight there, the cheering, the joy, the laughter. it had all faded due to our tired appearances, dark circles under our eyes and sore throats from the yelling and shouting.

we trudge through the airport, finally grabbing our suitcases as we stand around tired and drained. i left out a large yawn as i pull my suitcase along the smooth floor as we all gather in a group, discussing who will get in a taxi with who based on where people live. "well, eden, why don't you go with simon and jj?" josh suggests, my heart instantly drops to my stomach as i glance up at simon and back to josh.

"okay." i sigh, leaning my suitcase to roll it along the floor. we all say our goodbyes, even though we all know we will be seeing one another soon and i trudge behind simon and jj heading outside to get into the taxi. the driver takes my suitcase and throws it into the boot, explaining that one case won't fit and will need to be on a seat. i sigh as jj runs to the front, meaning simon and i in the back, with me in the middle seat.

i tense up slightly as his thigh grazes against mine, both of us scrolling through our socials. "you two seem to be getting along a bit better." jj turns his body around to face simon and i. i slowly pull my phone down from my face, blinking a few times before i stare up at simon and back at jj.

"yeah." simon responds, now looking back down at me.

"might just be a holiday thing." i cockily respond as jj turns himself back around and i look up at simon, a smirk forming across my lips. leaning around the passenger seat, i notice jj with folded arms and his head falling into his chest as light snores emerge from him. "no surprise." i mutter, falling back into the seat.

"is he asleep?"

"mhm." i mutter, having only been in the taxi for 5 minutes.

simon and i remain scrolling through our phones, the awkwardness of our bodies touching as though we had never connected before. like we had not just fucked five days ago. but i quickly feel his hand slowly move towards my thigh, it first started with his pinky finger grazing it, then all of his fingers and now his whole hand is softly gripping onto my thigh every so often.

i squirm in my seat slightly, feeling restless from his touch and i attempt to remain focused on my phone. but his hand completely distracts me from even the most basic things in life as i crumble beneath him in the back of a taxi. placing his phone onto his lap, his hand remains roaming my thigh as he looks out of the window, acting as though he is not doing anything. but he knows exactly what he's doing and it's sending me insane. i glance down at the prominent veins on his arms, trying to tell myself there's nothing sexy about them - but there really is.

"this isn't just a holiday thing." he turns his head, leaning down to whisper in my ear. the hairs on my neck stand up straight as i breathe in deeply, already practically aroused from his touches.

"what is it then?" i mumble, now spinning my head to face him and our faces almost touch.

"whatever you want it to be." he shrugs, his eyes following from my own, then to my lips and back to my eyes, feeling his warm breath on my skin.

"shut up." i scowl at him, turning away from him, instantly overwhelming me with confusion. "you're fucking annoying." i mumble under my breath.

"say that again?"

"i said you're fucking annoying." i raise my voice, shaking my head at him.

"and you're a fucking bitch." he mocks, turning away from me, but his grasp still remains as though he has complete power over me. and in a way he does, i feel myself melting beneath his touch and i want him to remain there. something i never thought i would feel towards the boy i hate.

the journey back home felt as though it dragged, my senses heightened beside simon and i felt the sudden urge to pounce on top of him just from the feeling of his body against mine. as we come to a stop outside of my block, simon slowly removes his hand away from me as jj slowly arises from his slumber. "don't worry, i'll help her." simon informs the driver, knowing he will have to get out so i can anyways.

"bye jj."

"oh, bye ede. fun holiday." jj mumbles, his voice tired and raspy as he finds himself drifting again. simon gets out of the car and i shuffle along his seat and out of it as he holds the door open for me.

"thanks." i mutter as he walks around to the boot, opening it. he lifts out my suitcase with both hands and places it on the floor. "thanks." i mumble again. we stare at one another for a moment as he shuts the door, the noise startling me slightly and sends me out of my gaze. "well, bye then." i sigh, beginning to roll my case along the pavement, but he swiftly grabs my wrist. my suitcase falls to the floor and i find myself being spun around by him. "what now?" i roll my eyes.

"you're so infuriating sometimes." he bites back, leaning down to plant a kiss on my lips. pulling away, i stare at him with a confused expression as my eyes follow his figure. "bye." he cockily smirks as he gets into the car, raising an eyebrow at me.

what the fuck?

hatred | miniminterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara