28

eden

"did you mean what you said?" simon mumbles into my chest, awaking from his slumber.

"hmm?" i respond, running my fingers through his hair, only waking up 5 minutes before he did. holding me tightly, he lifts his head from my chest to stare up at me, his face slightly puffy from tiredness.

"last night," he sighs, "telling me you're mine."

"of course." i hum as he lays his head back down onto my chest, "i know we're not serious, we've only been on one date and it was with josh and freya and i know that we haven't been seeing one another for long, but i really like you." i coo, stroking my fingers up the back of his head, scratching it.

"okay." he sighs, his voice raspy.

"i'm serious," i exhale, "if i was interested in cal or harry or anyone else for that matter, i wouldn't be laid here like this with you."

"i believe you." he slowly nods his head. "i'm glad we're both on the same page."

i trace patterns with my finger tips on his back, comfortable in one another's presence as i begin to remember the days i used to be so physically repulsed by the name, simon minter. his name once made every muscle in my body tense up, his arrogance, his smug face, the constant winding up, the fact that we repeatedly spat insults at one another til neither of us could think of anymore - i could tell that everyone was slowly giving up on us. and now i'm beginning to wonder how i even hated him, someone who is so soft at heart, so understanding, so similar to me in ways i never imagined. because now whenever i hear his name, butterflies instantly rise in my stomach and i'm reminded of his touch, his lips, all the positive way's he makes me feel.

simon

"i'm kind of hungry." i sigh, her fingers draw patterns on my back, sending a shiver down my spine every so often, but i instantly relax back into her touch.

"i can go make us something, if you want?" she suggests and i groan in response, knowing this means her moving and falling cold without her in my arms.

"no." i grumble into her chest, "it's fine."

"are you sure? i'm more than happy to." she now brings her hand to my hair, running the tips of her fingers through it. i only shake my head, concentrating on the sound of her heartbeat as my eyes begin to flutter shut, feeling comfortable.

eden and i rarely lay like this, usually it's her head resting on my chest, my fingertips stroking her hair, her listening to my breathing. but i've somehow ended up laid on her, holding her tightly against my body, not wanting to move an inch. it's made me realise how deeply i've fallen; thinking of the days she appeared to be self-obsessed, but in reality she's just confident. or tries not to care of what others think of her, just attempts to enjoy life. i regret ruining that at moments, making her feel like shit when i never meant a word of it. but hearing her name would make my body seize up, my mind wandering to how i can't bring myself to be her friend because i'd fall - exactly like i have done now - yet it's somehow worked in my favour.

but i also regret not wanting to get to know her, we're so similar. i never thought we could get along as well as we do, although our stubborn attitudes clash, i don't think i could see myself laid in anyone else's arms like this other than eden's. she sparks excitement in me, allowing her to see a different side of me that she never saw before, a side that not many others see because i put on this front. even at the sound of her name, i'd instantly make a comment about her, pull a disgusted face or huff and i hate myself for once being like that.

eden

simon shuffles his body up the bed, stretching his arms out for me to fall into. i softly smile at him, rolling into his embrace and snuggling myself into his shoulder. "i'm still tired." i sigh.

"me too." he mutters, pulling his face down to look at me. i gaze up at him before pulling my neck up to press a chaste kiss on his lips. "shall we go back to sleep?" he smirks, nodding his head.

"mhm." i mumble, tossing my body over onto the other side, simon now resting his head on my shoulder. his hand rhythmically moves along my hip and it doesn't take long for my eyes to fall shut and light snores to fall from me.

we both awake around an hour later, already feeling much better from the extra amount of sleep. he plants a soft kiss on my neck before shuffling to reach out and grab his phone. taking a deep breath in, he sighs at whatever he is looking at on his phone. "what's up?" i question, rolling my body over to face him.

"just cal messaging me," he rolls his eyes, "i'm not even arsed like he didn't know, he's just apologised bare." he mutters.

"well, at least it's fine now." i shrug.

"yeah, as long as he doesn't do it again." he takes another deep breath in, typing something back to cal but i don't pay attention to it.

"i don't think he will."

"i don't either," he turns to look at me, "hopefully he can stay away from you now and i can act like he did when he was around you." he smirks.

"ew," i pull a disgusted face, "PDA is gross."

"i agree, PDA is gross. but," he cocks his head, "i just mean in a sense i can actually sit and talk to you." he laughs softly.

"oh yeah," i giggle, "it'll be a lot better for us." i nod.

"and i want to take you out again." he suggests shyly, i watch his cheeks turn pink as he narrows his eyes, unsure as to whether he's said the right thing. a smirk forms across my lips, "or not, we don't have to." he shrugs.

"no, i want to." i nod slowly, "would be nice to see how a few dates go before making anything official." i grin.

"can't believe we're talking about dates when i used to despise you." he scoffs.

"mhm," i raise my eyebrows, "now i know you just hated me because you fancied me." i smirk.

"shut up." he hisses, frowning at me, "i'm surprised you feel the same way if i'm honest."

"well, as i said before, i don't just sleep with anyone." i shrug my shoulders, "i catch feelings fast and it's really annoying, but i guess it's worked out fine this time."

"yeah," he takes a deep breath in, "it has." a small smile forms on his lips, "anyways," he sighs, "i've got to be at a shoot in an hour." i instantly frown, pulling out my bottom lip because i know i can sit like this for hours with him.

"i wish you could fuck it off." i sigh, gazing at him.

"i wish i could too." he huffs, "but sadly i can't." he begins to shuffle out of the bed, "i'm off for a shower, you wanna join?"

"do i wanna join?" i raise my eyebrows, glaring at him with wide eyes. he nods in response, standing on the edge of the bed, "yeah, alright." i shrug my shoulders, leaping out of bed to follow him into the bathroom. i watch him turn on the water to wait for it to heat up, before pulling my body against his and smashing his lips against mine as he tugs at the hem of the t-shirt i'm wearing. the kiss breaks briefly so i can pull it over my head and quickly find ourselves in the steaming hot water.

a/n
cute soppy short chapter, bleh