18

a month has passed by and simon and i have continued to carry on our little secret. luckily, jj hasn't managed to blurt it out to anyone which is fortunate for us, but i cant help my mind wandering every so often to what this actually is. it has been going on for over a month, no one has caught onto it and i don't even know what to call it. because sadly, around everyone else, we are still bitter and hostile towards one another, making situations tense.

conveniently, mine, simon's and josh's birthdays all fall around the same time. josh's being on the 4th, mine on the 6th and simon's on the 7th. last year, we all attempted to have a joint birthday party, but did not work out very well. simon clearly hated a third person being the centre of attention that day, meaning we argued all night. but we are going to try again, only this time around it is at simon and jj's flat.

sprawled out on my sofa with a medium pizza beside me and rewatching 'skins' on the tv, i flick through all the boys instagram stories who are out celebrating josh's birthday tonight, having a 'lads night out' getting drunk, which can only make me dread how hungover they will be at the party tomorrow. my phone pings.

from freya x
you looking forward to tomorrow?x

to freya x
meh, kind of x

from freya x
it'll be fun! you're gonna love it

to freya x
ok ok, i trust you ;)

resting my phone back down, i reach out for the can of diet coke before me, taking a sip of it before plummeting back into the cushions of my sofa, making myself cosy as i stroke against my bloated stomach from the food. i concentrate on the tv before me, feeling excited to celebrate my birthday tomorrow, but also thinking about how simon will behave.

many episodes pass without realising it and i glance down at the time, 1:43am. dragging my feet from the sofa, i stretch my body and shuffle towards my bedroom, diving straight into bed and getting comfortable, until my phone starts ringing. i lift it up, glancing at the caller id 'simon'. i let out an irritated groan, answering it and bringing it up to my ear. "hello?"

"hi eden!" he shouts, sounding somewhat cheerful. i move my phone from my ear slightly, the loud noise ringing through my ear.

"hi simon."

"what you doing?" he slurs slightly.

"i'm in bed, what you doing?" i ask.

"thinking about you." he laughs down the line.

"erm, well stop thinking about me." i smirk, thinking about the fact he is out with the boys and has still chosen to ring me.

"nah, nah i can't." i insists, i can hear loud music blaring through the speaker.

"well try to, idiot." i laugh.

"hey," he slurs, "none of that!"

"oh shut up." i giggle, "where are you?"

"in some bar, i dunno."

"well, where are the boys?"

"they're somewhere in the bar, just dun - dunno where." he stumbles over his words, clearly wasted. "maybe the toilet, maybe chatting up girls, maybe outside."