bonus chapter #3

Cassie
After Graduation
~

I still can't believe I convinced him to take us there. Would he even go? I thought to myself for a minute until he looked back at me with a questionable look plastered against his face.

"Deal?" I tell him as I bite my bottom lip.
He doesn't think twice about it. All I see is a mischievous grin stretching his lips. A few minutes later he pulls up into the gravel that is near a worn-out iron fence.

The field is covered in hay bales and pine straws. I turn the radio down once he puts his truck into park, he leans back against his leather seat while running a hand through his hair.

"I need to tell you something, Cassie."

"Can it wait?" I ask cautiously.

Before he can respond I start to move across the console and fall into his lap, resting my knees on both sides of his hips. His breathing starts to increase once I press my lips against his, opening my mouth with each kiss so he can explore. He grunts once I slide my tongue inside his mouth and quickly unlocks our lips as he rests his head on the seat.

"Cassie," he says after taking a few deep breaths. "I need to say something, please."

Curiosity starts to creep up, making me instantly worried. What could be so important to tell me while we basically make out?

"Okay." I whispered.

His tongue runs against his bottom lip while he contemplates on where to start. "Do you remember what Marcus had said?"

"Marcus has said a lot of things."

"At the party when we fought, he mentioned the two of you together."

My body tenses. "Yes, when he said we slept together?"

He nods.

"What about it?"

"You—you had said you were a virgin."

"I did. I am, is that okay?" I try to reason with him. If he feels weird about it, then I don't know how it will make me feel.

Unwanted, perhaps.

"Of course, it's okay with me." He brushes the side of my cheek with his thumb. "Because I am too."

I looked up suddenly once those words came out of his mouth.

"You're a virgin?"

He nods again, still rubbing the side of my cheek. "Yes, is that weird for you?"

No, it's not weird. In fact, it's wonderful.

"No," I smiled. "It's perfect."

He leans up, meeting his lips with mine, and slowly runs his hands up the side of my back. I quiver in his embrace the minute his tongue plays with mine.

My mind starts racing thinking about the fact that he's a virgin. Yeah, he was an outcast at school, and studied more than anyone I knew. His life was pretty much books and track, but I thought there was someone at least that he was close to.

The fact that he hasn't done this before, and I haven't either brings a reassuring smile to my face.

"I want to share this with you," I whisper as I break the kiss. "I want it to be you, Luca."

He clenches his jaw as I said you. "And I want this moment with you too, Cassie. There's no one else."

We get lost in the moment as his hands run through my hair and my arms wrap around his neck. I slowly take off his shirt and run my fingers against his delicate skin, feeling the ridges from the muscles on his arm.

He eyes me suddenly, staring into my hazel eyes. I've never felt more beautiful with just his eyes alone admiring me in every way possible.

"I love you so much Cassie."

I take a deep breath as I feel my heart pound against my chest.

"I love you too, Luca."

• • •

Don't forget to vote and comment. ❤️