thirty eight

Cassie
~

I know what he's doing. He's staring at my lips, wanting to feel them again. I want to feel his again also. It sucks because I don't even remember what they felt like, and I can't stop thinking about it. I can't stop thinking about the way the world stopped when he pressed his body against mine.

I want to kiss him again.

I want to tell him how I feel about him and how much I can't stop thinking about not only him but his grandma. I want to be a part of his life just as much as he wants to be a part of mine.

"You know, we won Prom King and Queen?"

His mouth drops. "You're kidding?"

I shake my head. "Nope."

"Well, that's another first to add to my list," he laughs. Letting me hear the familiar sound again. "Actually, I think I have another thing to add."

"What?"

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out two tickets. I take them from his hand and scan the thick paper.

Oh my God.

"Is this for real?"

Luca smiles widely. "I bought them right after you said you'd go."

Arcade Fire tickets.

I bring my hands to my mouth to stop from screaming. This has to be a joke, right? I've been listening to them for years. This can't be happening.

"But-

"I know things have been weird, but I bought them for you. You can take someone else or do whatever you'd like with them. Don't worry about me."

"Luca," I breathe softly and bring my hands away from my mouth. "Of course I would still go with you."

He nods.

Sydney is standing off to the side taking pictures with Anderson and her parents. My heart hurts when I don't see his mother or dad. I glance back at Luca and say, "I'm sorry for how things went down between us."

He inhales a deep breath. "I'm sorry too."

"I should have told you how I felt that night."

He looks up from his feet and I see wonder fill his captivating eyes. Without second guessing myself, I lunge myself into his arms, wrapping my hands around his neck, and plant my lips onto his. He grips my hair and lifts me up off my feet. We get lost in the moment before hearing Anderson whistle from the parking lot. He smiles into my mouth before lowering me down back onto my feet.

"So, you weren't pretending this whole time?"

I'm not scared anymore.

I shake my head. "I love you too, Luca. Isn't it obvious?"

He smiles and kisses me again, even harder than before. I remember exactly how his lips feel against mine now and I never want them to quit.

︵‿︵‿︵‿︵

"Do you want to come with us and help pack?"
I ask as we walk towards my parent's vehicle, hand in hand. Anderson and Sydney walk over to us and stand beside Luca's grandma.

"That depends," Anderson starts. "Do you have an Xbox?"

I blink at him in confusion.

"The new Call of Duty beta just came out."

"Are you serious?"

Luca leans down to whisper in my ear. "He's dead serious."

"Sorry to hurt your little gamer heart, but no. I don't even own an Xbox."

He huffs and Sydney swats his arm. "My heart is literally in pieces."

I rolled my eyes before climbing in Luca's jeep. My body scoots closer towards him so that I'm riding in the middle and he places his arm around me.

"What?" I asked when I noticed the smile that had stretched across his face.

"Nothing," He shakes his head and kisses the back of my hand. The feel of his lips on my skin makes my heart race. "Just, I've wanted this for a long time."

I shift in my seat and lean over, basically breathing down his neck. I see tiny goosebumps appear. "Why don't we stop by that abandoned field real quick?"

His eyes nearly budge as he quickly looks my way. Keep your eyes on the road, boy.

"Deal?" I pull my bottom lip into my mouth.
Luca takes his eyes off the road for just a second so he can kiss my lips. When he breaks away he says, "Can't say no to that."

• • •

Don't forget to vote and comment. ❤️