"Not almost, I did"

(1322 words)

"Sorry, that happened. He is a git," Harry said, once they had gotten far enough upstream, so they couldn't see them. "It's okay. I just want you to know that I love you, and everything will be okay. Soon we will be at Hogwarts, then all we have to do is go to the room of requirement, and he is gone," Ginny said, as she hugged him tightly, wrapping her legs around him. 

"I have to take them with me everywhere," Harry groaned, finally remembering. "I will be there, and my family will be for the ball too, so you have no reason to worry, all we can do is hope that they get stuck on one of the shifting staircases, and fall," Ginny, giggled, rubbing circles in his back. 

"Can you touch? Is that why you are treating me like a floaty?" Harry asked, laughing out. "No, I can't, but I am holding you like a floaty, because you are so very cute, and I love you. Do you want me to stop, because I can if you like," Ginny said reluctantly, pushing off of him. "No, I love you and you are fine, but if I fall over, I wouldn't want you to drown. Let me get a little closer to the shore love," Harry said, pulling her along, trying to keep her attached to him.

"I'm not letting go of you though!" she said, even though he was probably to wrap himself around her too. "Didn't want you to. Tomorrow, I have something I want to talk to you about, and I can't wait," he said, wrapping himself around her. "Okay!"

After a lot of cuddles and kisses, the two walked back, soaking wet, and giggling. "I thought he was gonna poop himself. Hahaha," laughed Ginny, as she walked in the door. "Okay, love, how about you go take a shower, and I check on Teddy, okay?" Harry asked as he began to walk away. "Okay, don't stay up too late," Ginny told him, as she left for their room. 

"Hey, Ron, Hermione, Teddy, and Nells. Can I talk to you two little ones?" Harry asked, looking at Penelope and Teddy. "Yeah," the two answered, as Ron and Hermione left to the living room. 

"Earlier, I know that was kind of scary right?", getting a nod he continued, "I am so sorry, you had to see that. That big guy was being mean to Ginny and me, so I had to show him that he can't be mean. Do you understand?" he asked, as the two looked at him quizzically. "Yeah, he was scared," Penelope grinned, causing the older man to laugh. "Yeah. I want you two to know that I might have to do that again when we get to my school. I have a funny life, where a lot of people are mean to me. But, if you are ever scared, you guys need to tell me. If I scared you, then I don't know what I would do with myself," Harry sympathized, hugging the two kids. 

"Now that we have talked about that, do you guys want to watch a movie?" he asked, standing up. "Yeah!"

*Time skip to the next morning*

"Harry, Ginny, wake up! Wake up, wake up, wake up!" the two children screamed, jumping on Harry and Ginny. "Harry James Potter, why are there two small children in our bed?" Ginny groaned. "Uuuuhhhh, last night after you went to bed, we watched a movie in here, and we fell asleep," he said, laughing a little. 

"Won and Minee told us to wake you up and say Happy Birthday," Teddy shouted, hurting our ears. "Happy birthday!" the two yelled. "Okay, we are getting up!" Ginny groaned, getting up and rolling off the bed. 

"Thanks for the wake-up call guys," Ginny shouted out to Ron and Hermione who were laughing like crazy. "Hey, McDreamy," Ginny said, getting the attention of Harry. "What did you just call me?" Harry laughed. "McDreamy, it's from a muggle show. Anyway, can you get Teddy dressed for breakfast while I get ready please?" Ginny asked, giving puppy dog eyes. "Yeah, come on Teddy, let's get ready, I will pick out your outfit, then we will go bug Ginny," Harry whispered, causing the small boy to laugh

*Time skip*

"Good morning, everyone!" Teddy said, walking into the Burrow kitchen with Penelope, Hermione, Ron, Harry, and Ginny towing behind. "Good morning kids, I made pancake and bacon sticks!", Molly laughed, referencing the birthday breakfast treats she makes for everyone. "Hawwy, what is dose?" Teddy, asked, pointing to the bacon strips covered in golden pancake batter and a ton of syrup. 

"How about you come sit on my lap, and you can try one," Harry suggested, lifting the boy onto his leg. "Yay!" Teddy shouted, grabbing one of the sticks off Harry's plate. 

"Ron I wouldn't go up yet," Harry warned when he saw his best friend getting onto the stair landing. "Why?" Ron inquired, before moments later, he heard a thundering sound come down the steps. "That's why," he called back, not taking his eyes off of teddy's face.

Soon Dudley was seen stomping down the steps, almost plowing through Ron on the way. Ginny, thankfully, was a quick thinker, and took out her wand, sending Ron over a couple of feet before he was trampled. "Thanks, dear sister, I appreciate your assistance," he said, getting up and bowing playfully. 

"Harry, you should move before my dad gets here, and puts you on the ground for taking the head of the table," Dudley laughed, imagining Harry being thrown to the ground. "Harry always sits at the head of the table, given his history. In the wizarding world, the head of the table isn't decided by age, but honor, and Harry here has the most, then Ginny, then Ron, then myself, and so on. You, my friend, would be at the very end of the table if everyone sat like that, but most of us just sit where we like. Not that Harry is showboating, but Arthur insists he sit there, so he does," Hermione explained to the boy who had already begun stuffing food in his mouth.

"In what way does Harry has-no-parents Potter have the most honor?", Dudley asked, his mouth full of food. "Well, Duders, just in case you forgot, you weren't there when I was a school, and you never bothered to ask, so of course you don't know," Harry grumbled taking a bite of his bacon and pancake stick. "Pfftt, you act like you led a war, and almost died," Dudley laughed, getting glares. 

"I didn't almost, I did die." 

The room was completely silent, and no one dared say anything. After Vernon and Petunia didn't come down, they were discovered sleeping in, letting everyone else relax a little. 

Dudley has heard it! Maybe he is catching on that Harry's life isn't all peaches and cream. What do you think I should do from here, I can't decide. 

***************WARNING possible spoilers, if you don't want to help with suggestions, refer to the next paragraph for our daily question***************** I might make Dudley understanding, and help Harry get away from Vernon, I might make him a second series where Hogwarts takes in muggles for an exchange if I go with the understanding path. I might also make him fight Harry and then realize harry is extremely powerful and not to underestimate him, maybe by the act of fighting, but maybe by hitting on Ginny.  Or make him Draco's new friend, and still an idiot. What do you guys want to see?

****************ALL CLEAR*************** Hey loves, I am at quite the turning point right now. I love this story though, and from what I have seen you guys do too. Today's question is, How do you spend your free days ideally? I would read and write all day, maybe a little cleaning too, though. Bye loves!