The Robes Incident

Thank You guys for continuing to this point, I know this is not my best fic, but I am truly trying. Let's just jump right in. (1251 words)

Everyone walked through the passage and started walking toward Gringotts, leaving the muggles behind to be led by Harry and Ginny. The group entered the huge bank, The Weasleys, getting right up to the counter. As Ginny began to walk toward her family, Harry held her back, "I am taking this one off your tab. Don't you even try to argue either," he said, taking her bag. "Fine, but only because you are such a gentleman," Mrs. Wealey said, walking up to the goblin. After handing over her key, she and the other Weasleys got into their own cart and began speeding away. The two junior witches and wizards, stepping forward, dragging the Dursleys with them. "I need a muggle-wizard cache exchange, and me and Ms. Weasley need into the Potter and Black family vaults," he said, handing over his key to the Potter vault and the muggle money. (Harry didn't have a key, as he just realized he could access the vault. "Relation," he asked, looking toward the Dursleys. "They are my Guardians, and cousin. They will be accompanying me to Hogwarts Sir," Harry said. The goblin smiled, as he was ofter disrespected by old and young wizards alike. 

After giving the wizard exchange, the goblin led them to a cart. "You three should stay up here with the Grangers, as it is far too dangerous for Muggles," Harry said, as he began to walk toward the cart. "This cart. Be careful, We will be going pretty fast, as the Black vault is pretty far down," he warned, as he switched the lever. The young witch and wizard held on, and grabbed each other's hands, holding as tight as possible. As soon as they started going, they passed Hermione turning off, as her vault was only a few years old. They sped past the Weasley family vault, waving for the almost milliseconds they could see each other. Harry made a mental note, to secretly switch some money into their vault from his. The two teens sped along the track, their skin flying back, like some kind of Scooby-Doo scene. Soon, they had passed the Potter vault, as they would go down then back up. After a few minutes, they reached the Black vault, one of the most secure, fullest and oldest vaults in Gringotts. 

Harry hopped out, and the goblin opened the multi-roomed vault. He quickly grabbed a bottom-less bag, filled it with coins, then grabbed some for himself. He exited the vault, putting the money for Sirius in his pocket, as to not forget to send it to him. As they got back in the cart, it turned around and began speeding back up to the Potter vault. The routine repeated again for the Potter vault, before going back to the surface, and meeting up again. 

Once everyone was at the surface, they headed to Flourish and Blotts, grabbing all the books on their list, then some. Dudley grabbed a book titled, "The Wizarding World for Dudleys." "Harry, why does this say my name?" he asked, causing Harry to laugh. "Well, you know the 'whatever' for dummies series in the muggle world? Well this is a play off of it, but instead of dummies it says the reader's name. It is kind of hilarious," harry said, wiping a tear from his eye. "Ooooooooohhhhhhhhh, that makes sense," he answered, holding the book in his non-browsing arm.

They continued shopping, and paid before leaving the store. On the way out, Ginny noticed that Vernon got a really old book, titled "The Boy Who Lived". The two burst out laughing. "What's so funny, freak," Vernon recoiled. "It's just you got a book about... hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha... the boy who lived!" Harry laughed out. "Nothing, it's just I don't think you would like him in real life. He is quite the, pffffttt, freak and burden" he continued, causing the others to laugh, because they knew from stories that Vernon didn't like Harry. After that whole debacle and everyone had calmed down, they shopped for all the other things, leaving the robes, and Quidditch last. 

"Hey, Penelope!" Harry shouted to the little girl carrying her things. "You need some help with that stuff, and maybe a piggy back ride?" he asked, causing the little girl to run and jump at the tall teen. "Yay!!" she shouted, him lifting her onto his shoulders, and picking her stuff back off of the ground. They walked to Madam Malkins, and Dudley ran in first to look at the variety of clothes. 

"Ooooooohhhhhh, I want these," he said, holding up a green pair. "I am sorry, but as you are accompanying Harry Potter, who is a Gryffindor, you have to wear those colors. Although I kind of like the maroon, on your shape, very accentuating," Madam Malkin answered, as she continued measuring someone, who's the face you could not see, due to the hood. 

"Excuse me, but muggles don't belong in here. It is probably time you leave, before my father gets here and sees you," the boy said, throwing back his hood. "Oh, hello Malfoy. I wonder how daddy would react if he realized they were with me," Harry answered, stepping out from behind the Dursleys. "I should have known. The honorable Harry Potter would obviously be the one to escort these scum. You know Pottah, I'm not scared of you," Draco countered, stepping down. "Well, that is the difference between you and your father, he may not show it, but he has enough sense to be frightened," Harry challenged. The two boys were staring at each other, just waiting for the other to continue. Harry slowly took Penelope off his shoulders, and waved the others out, allowing Ron to get them completely evacuated.

"Ron, You keep everyone out. Don't let anyone in, no matter what. If I tell you to come, then you and only you may. Without, you do not enter. Do you understand?" Ginny asked, without taking her eyes, off of the pair in front of her. "Yes," Ron muttered, even the adults knowing that that was probably best. "Ginny. GO," Harry commanded, trying to leave her no choice. "Why don't we compromise, and you go, while I beat the living daylights out of him," Ginny countered. 

"Wow. I didn't know that little Ginny Weasley, could be fiery," Draco sneered, throwing the robe to Madam Malkin. She scurried off into the back room, sensing that the three of them's power together could cause some very serious damage. "Wow man! Who knew that the Weasley girls could be so hot when they are upset," Draco said, traipsing toward her, getting a little closer than Harry would like. 

"I suggest you take a step back man," Harry said, putting his arms between Ginny and Draco. Draco stayed where he was, but turned his head toward Harry, "What are you gonna do, Oh Chosen One?" "Oh, no, but I would watch out for her," he warned, before she full knocked his nose in. "Ginny, out! I am serious, before more damage is done," Harry said, pushing her gently out the door, for Ron to hold her outside.

"Draco, you know how I was talking about the difference between you and your father. Well make sure you remember it later on when you may try to face me," Harry said, walking back toward Draco.

In the comments, I want to know if you are a writer or a reader. If you are just a reader, that is okay, let me know one of your favorite stories, I am always looking for a new read, short or long. Bye Loves. 😘