38.

Vito's teeth chattered as he tried to muster up the courage on how to tell his father that he was being sexually harassed.His mother was at work as usual and his dad sits in his office. He lets out a breath,walking slowly out of his room. The radio could be heard playing music. He knocks on the door waiting for an answer. The last time he opened the door he saw a woman on his father. Still no answer he knocks again,this time harder.

"COME IN!"

Vito pushed the door open to see his dad sitting behind his desk smoking a cigar

"What seems to be the problem?" Dave asked

" I - I have something to tell you."

"Speak then boy,What's the hold up?"

Vito swallowed his pride and let what he had to say out.

"Dad the reason why I stopped going over to Ms.Amos house is because she keeps hurting me." He whispers

"SPEAK THE HELL UP, AND LOOK ME IN THE EYES WHEN YOUR TALKING TO ME!"

Vito flinches and looks up from his size eight sneakers staring in his father's eyes

"Sir,she's been hurting me!"

Vito had started puberty so his voice was changing often.

"Boy what do you mean she's been hurting you slap the hoe back." He says before taking puff from his cigar

"Sir ,she's been touching me in places."

Dave chuckled and ashed his cigar out into an ashtray.

"You get the attention your father used to get when he was younger. You should be proud." He smiled

"I- I don't like it ,sir."

Victor could of swore he saw Dave's eyes turn black. He watched as his father viciously pushed out of his chair and walked in front of him.

"What did you say to me?" He grits

"Sir I- "

Vito couldn't have finished his sentence. Dave had sent his large hand across his face,leaving a red hand print that stayed on his face for weeks,along with a blood shot.

"YOU WANT TO RUN THAT BY ME AGAIN?!

Dave looked down on the floor staring at Vito.

"YOUR ACTING LIKE A BITCH AND I WON'T TOLERATE THAT!" He shouts

"ONE OF YOU NIGGA'S GET IN HERE!" He yells out

Vito holds on to his face,trying to hold his tears in. He wanted to cry but he knew if he did it would get worse.

A group of men walked in standing tall looking down at Vito.

"My son here thinks that getting touched by a woman is wrong. I need to show an example. Someone,anyone step ahead."

Everyone was nervous, not really sure what Dave's next move will be.

"Someone step out,no one is going to get hurt"

Someone stepped out and Dave chuckled.

"Little nigga get up"

Vito struggled for a while to get up. His face was hurting and his breath felt like it was leaving his body.

"I'm going to show you what will happen if I ever find out you like men."

Dave pulled his gun from his waist and shot directly between the man's eyes. No one flinched but Vito. He was traumatized, scarred mentally. He ran out of the room quickly straight to the bathroom to throw up the breakfast he had eaten earlier. As much as he wanted to he couldn't cry the needed tears. Everytime he closed his eyes all he could see was the man's face when the bullet went in him.