Chapter 1: Beacon

Narrator POV

In a dark alleyway in the city of Vale, several men were walking in formation. They wore matching black suits with red ties and sunglasses, all but one. The group was let by Roman Torchwick. His hair was longer, covering his right eye, his left was adorned by black mascara. He still wore the same bowler hat and suit, and he now held a new cane that looked very mechanical.

The group left the alleyway and walked down the street, people gasping and moving aside for them, they walked towards one of the few shops still open at that time, Dust till dawn. The group walked inside of the shop and surrounded the desk that the old man was standing behind.

Roman: "Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a dust shop open this late?"

As he spoke one of his men pulled a large pistol on the shopkeeper, holding it towards his head.

Shopkeeper: "Please, just take my lein and leave."

He begged with the robbers in weak voice before Roman shushed him.

Roman: "Calm down we're not here for your money. Grab the dust."

The men all scattered around the shop, sticking vials to the tubes containing brightly coloured dust. As they did roman placed a box onto the counter before making his demands.

Roman: "Crystals. Burnt, uncut."

The shopkeeper reached underneath the counter and grabbed the crystals as ordered. One of the men walked around the isles to the next dust deposit, when he did, he saw a girl wearing a red cape. He unsheathed his sword before aggressively talking.

Thug: "Alright kid, put your hands where I can see 'em"

The girl continued what she was doing, completely ignoring the thug.

Thug: "Hey! I said hands in the air. You got a death wish or something?"

He harshly grabbed her shoulder and yanked her hood down, in response she turned to look at him, revealing her black hair that faded to dark red and bright silver eyes. She was wearing headphones. The thug motioned to his ears as she removed the headphones.

Girl: "Yes?"

Thug: "I said, put your hands in the air now!"

Girl: "Are you... robbing me?"

Thug: "Yes!"

Girl: "Ohh."

The next second the thug was sent flying to the front of the store and crashed into the wall. Roman motioned to another thug to investigate. The second thug pointed his pistol at the girl, in a moment both the thug and the girl flew through the window. Roman and his men all looked outside as a large crimson scythe unfurled in the girl's hand. She began to elegantly spin the scythe before slamming the point into the ground.

Roman: "Okay... get her."

The remaining thugs all charged out of the shop and towards her. She started spinning with her scythe as leverage to spin kick the closest one in the face before pulling her scythe from the ground and firing a blast from the top, the momentum sending the handle of the weapon into another's face. Continuing her onslaught, she slammed the back of the scythe onto the third one's skull. The final one shot at her with his pistol as she used the blast from he scythe to launch herself around the street dodging every bullet before sliding past the shooter, sending him high into the air and then hitting him with her scythe as he came back down, sending him to roman's feet. He looked at his men in disappointment and irritation.

Roman: "You were worth every cent, truly you were. Well red I think we can all say its been an eventful evening. And as much as id love to stick around... I'm afraid this, is where we part ways."