S2: Chapter 9: Consequences

Y/n shuddered; the headmaster's golden-brown eyes boring into his blue, knowing for that instant why he was the headmaster of the combat school.

Ozpins knuckles were white on his cane as he walked forward, each tap on the floor resolving through the room like a gunshot. He picked up the clipboard.

Ozpin: "Multiple broken bones in the hands, a concussion, severely burnt palms, damaged aura from overuse, countless muscle tears, and likely a whole host of injuries that haven't been diagnosed yet."

The clipboard clattered back to the table, and Ozpin turned to Y/n.

Ozpin: "I don't need to tell you that what you did was foolish and will certainly have consequences. But first, you should see how your friends have been left - if you could even call them that after all was said and done."

He placed a scroll in front of Y/n, showing a live feed to another hospital room.

Weiss was on a chair, several electrodes along her exposed arm hooked up to a machine, a small screen showing a fluctuating pale blue line, jumping up and down sporadically. Blake had small clumps of bandages just about everywhere, but looked fine mostly, she was well enough to be propped up in bed and reading a book.

Yang looked to have had the worst of it. The entire upper half of her head was covered in bandages, showing only an oxygen mask that fogged up at a slow but consistent rate. Both her arms were in thick casts at her sides, the same ones over Y/n's hands, pulsating yellow slightly.

Ozpin: "Miss Belladonna is expected to make a fast recovery, although she will likely be in pain for quite a while."

Y/n looked away from the scroll, eyes shut tight and wishing Ozpin would just shut up. He may have met them recently and only just started to warm up to them, but he didn't want to see the three of them in pain... especially not by his own hands.

Ozpin: "Miss Xiao Long... is suffering from severe skull fractures and aura overuse, along with both of her forearms being almost completely shattered."

Y/n remembered their brief clash, it was probably the hardest Y/n had ever pushed himself with his aura manipulation, and for Yang to keep up with it... well, he had to give her credit.

Ozpin: "But your sister..."

He stressed the words, making Y/n wince.

Ozpin: "She has suffered rather severe damage to her aura, we have deduced its due to using that sword of yours without the proper training. We suspect that specialist treatment may be required for her to recover fully... if she recovers."

He walked in front of Y/n's bed, finally getting the teen to look directly into his eyes.

Y/n still didn't speak. What could he say? What could he possibly say to make the situation any better?

Ozpin sighed.

Ozpin: "I am revoking my decision to allow you entry to the Vytal tournament. You will also be placed on prolonged house arrest here at Beacon. If you wish to leave the school at any time you will need permission directly from me. Your punishment will also involve other actions down the road, but you will be informed of those later."

He turned and grabbed the doorhandle.

Ozpin: "You are a talented student, do not let it go to waste just because you cannot control yourself."

He left with a slam of the door, leaving Y/n nothing to do but stare at the scroll he'd been left.

He didn't know how long he looked at the scroll, but he was snapped out of it by a knock on the door. He heard a quiet voice on the other side, but couldn't make out what they were saying.